Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Re: Did you cry at Mufassa's death?

Postby BlackTerriermon » February 27th, 2012, 5:56 pm

To be perfectly honest with you, no. I didn't.

Even at the age of 7, I thought it was too unrealistic (Even for a cartoon)/too convenient. (For Scar.)

-Cats land on their feet.
-Mufasa's heavy, so I don't see how Scar, as skinny as he is, would've been able to grab him, and keep hold of him, for that long. :/
-Most animals can't produce tears.
-When Scar dug his claws (His claws looked quite sharp, by the way.) into Mufasa's paws, there should've been some blood.
-Scar shouldn't have even been allowed in the Pridelands, or even near any Pridemembers (Simba), since a pride can only have ONE male in it, and the Pridelands belonged to MUFASA'S pride.

I was thinking about all of this during the scene, so I didn't cry. And I already know what happens whenever I rewatch the film, and I don't cry when I'm expecting it.
~Avatar and Signature made by Simba66~

ImageImageImageImage

BlackTerriermon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Vulpy
Pride Points: 1

Postby SophieCub » February 27th, 2012, 6:10 pm

[quote="BlackTerriermon"]
-When Scar dug his claws (His claws looked quite sharp, by the way.) into Mufasa's paws, there should've been some blood.
[/quote]

There was a tiny bit of blood but it is hard to notice.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby aloobah » February 27th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Not when I was younger, but I do now. It's not so much when he falls that gets me. It's actually when Simba starts going "Dad? Get up...We have to go home." I just feel so bad for him because he doesn't understand. :shattered:
Image Image Image Image
aloobah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby Nalah » March 3rd, 2012, 10:41 pm

Yes... It's really, really sad... :cry:
And this happened after they were together under the stars... (one of the most beautiful
scenes in the movie)
and when Simba realize his father is dead... :cry:
Nalah
We are more than we are...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one!

Nickname(s): Juhcy
Pride Points: 3

Postby NalaKiaraTani » March 4th, 2012, 12:12 am

Oh yes definately. I've always loved animals, and I thought of how sad I would be without my father. I couldn't stand to see it.
Feed a monster- STOP ABORTION!
NalaKiaraTani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Care Bear or Squeak
Pride Points: 6

Postby Biomac » March 18th, 2012, 5:32 pm

But I was about

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Farren » March 18th, 2012, 6:44 pm

[quote="aloobah"]Not when I was younger, but I do now. It's not so much when he falls that gets me. It's actually when Simba starts going "Dad? Get up...We have to go home." I just feel so bad for him because he doesn't understand. :shattered:[/quote]

Same here :cry: I'm in my 20s and still get misty eyed at that scene.
Farren

Nickname(s): Socks

Postby Farren » March 18th, 2012, 9:30 pm

[quote="BlackTerriermon"]To be perfectly honest with you, no. I didn't.

Even at the age of 7, I thought it was too unrealistic (Even for a cartoon)/too convenient. (For Scar.)

-Cats land on their feet.
-Mufasa's heavy, so I don't see how Scar, as skinny as he is, would've been able to grab him, and keep hold of him, for that long. :/
-Most animals can't produce tears.
-Scar shouldn't have even been allowed in the Pridelands, or even near any Pridemembers (Simba), since a pride can only have ONE male in it, and the Pridelands belonged to MUFASA'S pride.

I was thinking about all of this during the scene, so I didn't cry. And I already know what happens whenever I rewatch the film, and I don't cry when I'm expecting it.[/quote]

Well, it is a cartoon and Disney doesn't exactly follow the rules of realism...plus they're not always too keen about showing blood (although I agree about that - they showed the blood when Simba scratched Shenzi, so why not when Scar grabbed Mufasa?) As for Scar not being allowed in the Pridelands? He was Mufasa's brother, so the Pridelands were his home too (and speaking in realistic terms there's not always just one male in the pride, two brothers in a pride isn't unheard of: http://hannahz.hubpages.com/hub/Eight-Weird-Facts-on-the-Lion) I don't think Disney was too worried about getting all the facts right though (they couldn't, or they'd have terrified the youngsters :evil:)
Farren

Postby Biomac » March 18th, 2012, 10:58 pm

I can't agree with Farren. First this is cinema after all, and so we can do whatever we want, even make animals acting like humans, and so give them emotions as humans have. I confess that sometimes I'm bored to see humans in films, and one of the reasons of why TLK is my fav movie is that there is zero humans in it. I love animals more than humans 8-)

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Farren » March 19th, 2012, 3:12 am

[quote="Biomac_92"] I confess that sometimes I'm bored to see humans in films, and one of the reasons of why TLK is my fav movie is that there is zero humans in it. I love animals more than humans 8-)
[/quote]

Haha, same here! I usually have a hard time getting into movies/tv series/stories/etc that focus on humans as the main characters. Another of my favorite movies is "Balto", sure there are humans in it but the main characters are dogs. :P
Farren

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies