Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Re: Did you cry at Mufassa's death?

Postby Tekir » January 3rd, 2012, 8:01 pm

[quote="Noahcs"]I completely agree to your guys' comments about The Fox and the Hound. The scene where Todd has to be taken to the forest with that song playing really does a number on me. Especially that song that is playing in the background. It made me think of my own grandmother.[/quote]
Even though I don't remember anything of the movie (not even sure if I even watched it...), I remember that I was crying a little when I saw this scene of The Fox and the Hound on Youtube. I've got to say that, like you, the song playing in the background had quite an effect on me. With the song playing and the old woman shedding a few tears, it also made me think of my grandma and how I couldn't bear to see her sad.

As for Mufasa's death, I don't remember crying while seeing it. To tell the truth, I never really cried while watching TLK. I feel sad and get either watery eyes or feel goosebumps (or both) during most of the emotional scenes. The song/music playing during a scene in any movies is always the thing that'll determine if I'll get emotional or not and TLK, with Hans Zimmer's excellent soundtrack, is a great exemple of a movie where the music playing greatly affect my mood. I don't cry but I get really emotional.
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

Postby KingMufasa » January 3rd, 2012, 8:05 pm

Yes, when I first saw Mufasa's death scene, I cried. I was so mad cause he is my most favorite character.

Signature made by me.
KingMufasa
Hi, I'm Chucky.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Wanna Play?

Nickname(s): KM, Clown, Doesn't matter
Pride Points: 6

Postby PrincessKiara » January 4th, 2012, 7:53 pm

I watched TLK today. I did get tears in my eyes, but didn`t actually start to cry.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby WindAnnWise » January 5th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Yeah, every time. It never fails to get me.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Jarrett » January 27th, 2012, 4:56 pm

I get teary-eyed at Mufasa's death but I usually cry at the end when Simba takes his place as king and the circle of life starts anew. Very powerful scene.
Jarrett
JHH

Do what you love and love what you do.

Pride Points: 5

Postby hotCoco21 » February 4th, 2012, 5:35 pm

I cried! I've gotten used to it now (I watch it A LOT), but it's still very sad. Simba's initial disbelief that his Muffy is dead is the saddest part, I think.
"Dad? Dad, c'mon. You gotta get up. We gotta go home." :,(
His voice adds so much emotion to it
However, Scar is my favorite character, so I also cried when he died...
I make my own fanart, and do some fanfics, too. I made my avatar and sig myself out of screenshots from TLK and TLK2. If anyone wants an avy or sig, PM me and I'll get right to it ;)
Scar's my favorite <3
hotCoco21
Are people born wicked?

Or do they have wickedness thrust upon them?

Nickname(s): Bambi
Pride Points: 6

Postby Awali » February 14th, 2012, 5:17 pm

It's not really a scene worth crying about after the first couple of times. Of course, it's really the music that gets me, not the movie itself. Though I'm sure everybody cried as a child.

We press play, don't press pause.
Progress, march on.
With the veil over our eyes,
we turn our back on the cause.
'Till the day that my uncles can be united by law,
when kids are walking 'round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart.
A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are.
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all,
but it's a good place to start.
Awali

Nickname(s): Awali, Rj.

Postby Queen Elsa » February 14th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Nearly. I watched it the other day (Sunday) with my whole family and nearly cried, but didn't because I would've probably looked like a baby to my family.
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby LeopardessGracie » February 14th, 2012, 5:47 pm

I still do every time ;_; Well, tears well up, but they actually fall most of the time.
"Everyone has a good side and a bad side...I happen to show both" -Me

Made by AmyMarie ^-^

"Love is as much of an object as an obsession,
everybody wants it, everybody seeks it,
but few ever achieve it,
those who do will cherish it, be lost in it,
and among all, never, ever forget it."
LeopardessGracie
I'm a leopardess ^_^

Fan of Vitani, Mheetu and Sarafina =)

Nickname(s): Leopardess, Gracie, Grace, LG
Pride Points: 3

Postby Phoenix-Kat » February 23rd, 2012, 9:20 pm

No, I didn't. I thought he was just "acting" or "playing dead" because a few days before I saw TLK for the first time I had watched a movie where a dog had died and was hysterical over it. My mom told me that the dog was just "acting" to calm me down and when Mufasa "died", I automaticaly just assumed he was acting as well. I don't know if that's exactaly the reason but I do remember watching TLK at school and my best friend was so distraut about it, I told her he was just "acting". I could never understand why people cried over fictional characters espically when I was a kid. My mom says it's because of the autism I didn't have much empathy. I don't know. But I'm one of the few who never cried over Mufasa's death.
Phoenix-Kat

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies