Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Re: Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » May 29th, 2012, 11:55 am

Probably i'm the emotional type, now i'm used to it it is not really that sad any more. And i have no clue why i like the song 'to die for'.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby AdAstrα » May 29th, 2012, 12:21 pm

I also like "To Die For". It captures the shifting moods of the stampede scene perfectly. It's epic.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » May 29th, 2012, 12:30 pm

and it makes the scene seem more tedious for simba.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Postby Ananda » June 3rd, 2012, 6:50 pm

Who didn't? :(
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Timon the great » June 4th, 2012, 5:47 am

This scene is sad. But when I first saw TLK back in '94, I was so young and I don't remember how I reacted when watching it.

Now and recently after seeing TLK 1, the emotion is there but it's not enough for me to weep. I think it's because that now I am much older and have experienced more in life, there are several factors that now come into play and influence me when I view Mufasa's death.

One of them is the fact that death is a part of this life and everyone is going to experience it one way or another. Of course, it's definitely a tragedy when you lose someone in your life. So that's another factor. But I believe I have already made my point. So I'll leave my post like this.
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 4th, 2012, 12:40 pm

How bout us 'you'uns?' The teens of the age, we don't cry much.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Postby AdAstrα » June 4th, 2012, 2:48 pm

I think what gets to me the most about Mufasa's death isn't just the fact that he died, but rather HOW he died. Imagine the horror he must've felt when he realised what Scar was about to do....

Also, Simba's reaction. Sure, death is a part of life and will happen to everyone at some point, it's inevitable. But no child should have to go through the trauma of witnessing the death of a parent, or finding their dead body afterwards. His helplessness is so heartbreaking.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 4th, 2012, 3:14 pm

that statement is so convincing
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Postby PrincessKiara » June 4th, 2012, 5:21 pm

In 94, when I saw the movie in the cinema for the very first time, I was 8 years old, and not fully comprehending what death means, as no one close to me had passed away yet. I can`t remember if I cried back then, but I have certainly cried at Mufasa`s death many times since. However, by now I have watched the movie so many times that I can get through that scene without actually shedding tears. Getting choked up, maybe get tears in my eyes, but not really crying.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Alexis » June 17th, 2012, 7:46 am

I used to, but not anymore.
Alexis
ಠ_ಠ

Mrrow

Nickname(s): Lexis
Pride Points: 2

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies