Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Re: Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Postby Carl » May 24th, 2012, 12:23 am

nope. Although I did cry on Fox and the Hound when she had to put Todd in the animal reserve.
It just seems more sad to me, somehow. :cry2:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KristyLovesLionKing » May 24th, 2012, 4:07 am

I did have some tears to my eyes when Mufasa passed :(
KristyLovesLionKing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Nukascar1 » May 24th, 2012, 5:43 pm

I didn't I think the first time I watched TLK I was in school and I could see peps crying. I dont think I knew why.
Nukascar1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby Vector » May 24th, 2012, 10:19 pm

I cried. Not just tears, not just my eyes, I cried the SOCKETS out.

Disney, why the heck did you have to kill him off?
Vector
IT'S-AAAAA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

WARIO TIME

Nickname(s): Vec, Theo, Darth Vector
Pride Points: 8

Postby Regulus » May 25th, 2012, 12:05 am

I did, last time. That's what happens when I don't watch it for two months. :lol:
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » May 25th, 2012, 12:10 am

When I saw it on the big screen (with the 3D release), I nearly did. The first time I tried to suppress it. The second time, there was a friend next to me who did start crying, and refused to admit that they did. To show the power of the movie: I was able to laugh at my friend for crying, but also feel sad at the same time because of what had happened to Mufasa.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tora » May 26th, 2012, 3:34 am

[quote="Vector"]I cried. Not just tears, not just my eyes, I cried the SOCKETS out.

Disney, why the heck did you have to kill him off?[/quote]
To the quote above I would have to say the story would have been way different without his death. Anyway I would have to say I have never cried at his death. :eeh: Although I will say that the first time I saw it was when I was young, and I'm the type of person who never gets emotional especially when I see how it would be necessary for the story to unfold the way it did, but that's not to say I don't get sad about it. ;) Well maybe I came close once, but still havent felt myself cry over it once; I wonder if thats good or bad? :thoughtful2:
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » May 28th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Nope but that doesn't make it any less tragic. I was already 'immune' because of the film 'Land before time' (1988)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Regulus » May 29th, 2012, 2:22 am

Well, it's a lot easier to cry when it's 2AM and everyone is asleep, especially when I'm thinking about my own dad. Even the music itself can make my eyes water, if I'm not distracted by anything else. Fortunately, I'm almost always dist... hey, where'd my glass of tea go? :)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » May 29th, 2012, 2:33 am

Even though I kept saying that I never cried, my parents were more than happy to inform me two days ago that yes, I did in fact cry during Mufasa's death when I was young. A lot.

SO i have to change to that I don't remember crying during the scene.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies