Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Re: Did you cry at Mufassa's death?

Postby Regulus » October 10th, 2011, 1:45 am

Not really. The only time I ever truly cried while watching a movie was the second time, in the last scene with Simba and Mufasa. Knowing it was the last time they would spend together made it even sadder than Mufasa's death scene.

I almost cried in many of the other scenes too, but nowhere near as much as that time.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ophelia » October 10th, 2011, 1:59 am

Yes, I did. It was emotionally powerful in my opinion, though I do agree that The Fox and The Hound and some other Disney movies are definitely sadder. For instance, I found Bambi very sad, though I haven't watched it in recent years so who knows if I'll find it as depressing as I did back then. However, I don't think I cried at Mufasa's death when I first saw TLK; in fact, I didn't really remember the movie at ALL. I cried when I saw it in theatres, whenever it was in its re-release. I suppose that it's not as sad when we're young children because we don't actually understand it that much?

I almost cried in Simba and Mufasa's last scenes together as well, Regulus. The one where he's being scolded, actually, and they end up laughing and playing around. It makes me very, very sad...
Ophelia

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Man was in the forest.

Nickname(s): Abby, Phelia, Ophie
Pride Points: 12

Postby SimbasGuard » October 10th, 2011, 2:15 am

It is undoubtedly a very emotionally powerful scene. I however did not cry, Although I felt very bad for Simba.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Katelyn23 » October 10th, 2011, 5:45 am

Yes, I did cry infact.. At least as far as I can remember back, I used to bawl when I was little. The last time I cried watching this film was actually when I saw it in the theaters last week. It just felt so emotional on the big screen. And the sound of Mufasa screaming when he was falling just gave me a feeling that hurt inside. And everytime I see Simba cry, I feel his pain and cry with him because I can only imagine what is going on in his mind. I wasn't the only one crying that night. My sister was shedding tears as well, and she is not even the type of fan I am.

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby Panthera Arohanui » October 11th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Yes I definitely have cried at Mufasa's death, but the part that almost always makes me tear up is when Simba is trying to wake his dad. The emotion is so powerful and intense in that scene that it's next to impossible to not be moved at all, particularly with Simba's pleadings for Muffy to wake up. :cry:

And I agree with a couple past posts that it's only natural to feel saddened at fictional characters' deaths. When we become really attached to a character that we love, only to see them die, we are upset, and it's only natural. I know I definitely burst into tears when Fred Weasley died in the last Harry Potter book (and Lupin and Tonks...oh man...). :sad5:
Simba: Dad? We're pals, right?
Mufasa: Right.
Simba: And we'll always be together, right?
Panthera Arohanui
You MUST take your place...

...in the circle of life.

Pride Points: 5

Postby SweetNala » October 14th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Always!
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Pride Points: 7

Postby Noah » January 3rd, 2012, 6:14 am

I actually didn't cry that much at Mufasa's death. My eyes did water up a little at my most recent viewing, but it's not the worst I've done in a movie. I personally think the scene with Mufasa's ghost is much more emotional. In my opinion, that scene is one of the most tearjerking ones in Disney history. The fact that Simba will never get to be with his father again (although to be fair he does) tugged at my heartstrings a lot. On my way home from seeing it in theaters, I had to pull my car over once because I got so choked up thinking about that scene. Regardless, Hans Zimmer did a wonderful job composing the music for all of the scenes.

I completely agree to your guys' comments about The Fox and the Hound. The scene where Todd has to be taken to the forest with that song playing really does a number on me. Especially that song that is playing in the background. It made me think of my own grandmother.

[quote="TheIvanMuse"]Hmmm, well I'm not here to judge nor do anything in that matter, but while I watch TLK everything else is put on second place.[/quote]
Simba Approves Of This Post. Image
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Woeler » January 3rd, 2012, 1:30 pm

It has had such a big impact on me when I was a little child that I have to force myself not to cry. It's just sad and the music makes it even more sad.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby cleargreenwater » January 3rd, 2012, 2:08 pm

I actually have not, though it is very sad. I agree with others that as far as truly traumatic Disney scenes go, it's Fox & The Hound and that stupid, stupid "Baby Mine" horrible ballad from Dumbo when the mother elephant is in carnival prison, WTF D: D: D:

In TLK it's more Simba dealing with Mufasa's death that makes your heart go out to him, not so much the death scene itself.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Jiirani » January 3rd, 2012, 3:19 pm

I think I cried at the scene where Simba and Mufasa were playing under the stars and the scene where Mufasa comes back, but recently I stopped crying when Mufasa died...

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies