Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Re: Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 20th, 2012, 11:41 pm

It's a very poignant scene. No matter how many times I see it, I still get little butterflies in my stomach.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Re: Did you cry at Mufassa's death?

Postby capedcadaver » July 24th, 2012, 8:17 pm

[quote="Noah"]I actually didn't cry that much at Mufasa's death. My eyes did water up a little at my most recent viewing, but it's not the worst I've done in a movie. I personally think the scene with Mufasa's ghost is much more emotional. In my opinion, that scene is one of the most tearjerking ones in Disney history. The fact that Simba will never get to be with his father again (although to be fair he does) tugged at my heartstrings a lot.[/quote]

I'm glad i'm not the only one! But after reading every post in this thread out of sheer statstical curiousity... apparently i'm one of two who feel this way.

I didn't shed a whisp of a tear when Mufasa died... that whole scene (even the part with Simba trying to wake him up after the herd was gone) really didn't move me, and never has. I was 6 when i first saw the movie, and have seen it several times since. Mufasa's death, to me, was a very mechanical scene, and alot of action immediately following the fall and i was too young to truly understand "death" anyways. Maybe because it was all unexpected, like tearing off a bandaid without fair warning, that it stings, but wasn't enough to work me up.

But the scene where Rafiki takes him to the pond, and he sees his dad's reflection and then talks to his ghost.... that scene ripped out my beating heart, tore it to shreds, smashed the pieces with a mallet, and then lit them on fire. It was the most powerful emotional reaction i'd ever had to ANYTHING for many years after seeing the movie as a kid.. this time someone has put the bandaid back on you, and you just know it's going to hurt so much more this time because you've already been through it once. Especially after you've already gone through all the preparation and acceptance that "he's gone, i'll never see him again" only to have him come back into your life for a fleeting moment, and everything you wanted to say but couldn't, and it's only a matter of time before he's gone again. The profoundness of that scene will never be lost on me, and although I've never cried as a result of any movie, I had a tremendously hard time breathing (and still do, depending on my mood) when I saw that scene.
capedcadaver

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Meskhenet » July 27th, 2012, 3:30 pm

I cried because I imagined myself in that situation if I lost my dad. And Simba's emotion and quotes were so tear-jerking along with the background music. :'(
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby mamaprince » July 29th, 2012, 5:42 am

i think i cried when i was little. now every time i see that scene i tear up. when i went to see it in 3D , i almost cried in the theater. :lol:
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Kopalover » July 29th, 2012, 6:15 am

Like a baby!
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby Kitty » July 29th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Well, when I was little I never used to cry.. but now? It's a different story. I tear up every time I watch the scene ;-; I always just hope that one day, I might watch it and Mufasa will somehow, miracally survive lol! This scene has had quite the impact on my life, it's the saddest moment in history : (

Banner by SophieCub :3
Kitty

Pride Points: 4

Postby Snowflake » August 2nd, 2012, 1:38 am

When I first saw it as a small child I cried.. And now just a few tears fall.
Snowflake
I've Left

MaggienToby on DA

Nickname(s): Maggie, Kopa Fan, Saturday
Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to The Movies