Play Simba's Mighty Adventure

Re: Play Simba's Mighty Adventure

Postby MooLion » August 26th, 2013, 5:15 pm

[quote="Zulama"][quote="MooLion"]I have Simba's Mighty Adventure on PlayStation and GBC. :D I'll see if I can play the SNES game - that would be interesting! But if you do need to download something extra... oh pooh to that![/quote]
You shouldn't need to download something extra. I have played the game many time using the link and I never had to download something extra. How far did you get on the Playstation version? I got as far as the "Old Friends" level.[/quote]

I think I completed it... it's been a while. I remember the episode leading towards fighting Zira was a bit of a pain. As to the GBC version, I think that was actually harder to beat Zira or whoever it was. Not sure if I've completed that last level. 0o

Oh yes, the SNES game did work for me okay, if not a bit on the slow side. I kept dying to soon so I'll have another go soon. :p
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Meskhenet » August 26th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Yeah I have to agree it is a little slow, and it bothers me sometimes but it's still worth playing. If you like I can try to find one that's normal speed.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby OuRaion » August 27th, 2013, 11:01 pm

I vow that I will get past that waterfall without dying one day!
(On MS-DOS)
OuRaion

Pride Points: 60

Postby Kal » August 27th, 2013, 11:27 pm

The buttons aren't mapping properly for moi.. :(
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby Meskhenet » August 27th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Hmm... have you've tried configuring the controls, that might help. Can you describe to me what happens when you press a button?
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby MooLion » September 5th, 2013, 5:47 pm

I got a bit further yesterday! It's a nuisance you can't save progress... But yeah, this game is pretty imaginative (more so than the PlayStation game) and I love the fact they have a 'I just can't wait to be king' level with the funky colours. The way you have to use the animals to get about is an inspired idea. I died on that level, though. XD
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion

When you put out the sun

Postby FlipMode » September 7th, 2013, 11:38 am

Why are all Lion King games so bloody difficult?
Anyways, I never played the Game Boy version so that was a thing. But I remember the PS1 version being pretty... Not very good.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » September 7th, 2013, 9:47 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Why are all Lion King games so bloody difficult?
Anyways, I never played the Game Boy version so that was a thing. But I remember the PS1 version being pretty... Not very good.[/quote]

The PS1 game, the game actually known as The Lion King: Simba's Mighty Adventure, is a different game entirely than the much harder, much better, and older game known simply as "The Lion King". So when people complain about the great game, except for the Ostrich level, and Dat Waterfall Part, they are referring to "The Lion King", and not "Simba's Mighty Adventure".
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MooLion » September 8th, 2013, 5:01 pm

So actually, this thread is titled incorrectly, too!

In the end I went on YouTube and just watched someone else play it to see how the levels panned out. XD
~Banner by Amy!~
MooLion

When you put out the sun

Postby FlipMode » September 9th, 2013, 3:08 pm

[quote="MooLion"]So actually, this thread is titled incorrectly, too!
[/quote]

I think that's what confused me too. I thought Simba's Mighty Adventure was released on PS1 with a watered down Game Boy version which is what was posted in OP.
I know there is a better, harder game called The Lion King, I have it on my Mega Drive lol... It's just not the game I was talking about.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King