The Lion King World Wide Archive website is almost dying

The Lion King World Wide Archive website is almost dying

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 27th, 2014, 11:45 pm

So back when I was a much younger I used to search around this website http://www.lionking.org/ for days/hours, used to be so alive with young tlk fans aaah those were the days :happythoughts:, and after a while I had not explored it for some years. And after I heard the news of the lion Guard, I was on a mission to look for a new role play life on any of the 100 websites, because as I have said before Facebook is just too dangerous for role players :nom: . Bt heart breakingly most of all the websites that had so many memories are completely DEAD :heartbroken: , EXCEPT THE TLK FAN ART ARCHIVE That is still very much alive and active. But TLKWWWA Archive is DYING :tired2: , but I wish and hope that with the birth of our Future Kion, there will be a new Community of TLK websites, anyone think or hope its possible? I mean did anyone know Brian Tiemann he was our king at the time with that website. But I tried emailing him, but he never got back to me. He must have moved on, but the other sad thing is, Since I am a pro at tying lion king-enter on google search, it used to come up at the very first choice. Then two months ago it was way at the bottom, NOW it doesnt even show up :wow2: , WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE LION KING RANDOM COMMUNITY WEBSITES? (bawling like a baby) :shattered:

anyway that's how I came across this place, and im am and so glad that its still alive and active with activity :zira-approve:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: The Lion King World Wide Archive website is almost dying

Postby SimbasGuard » September 4th, 2014, 12:21 am

The Lion King World Wide Archive. was the very first Lion King website I found when I was first learning about the internet in 1998. As long as the website is there though, don't give up hope on it. I try to stop by there once a week to see if there is any Lion King news I haven't heard.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Sad to hear such news as i've used that site alot in past years to find art , pics and stories and other sites that still offer roleplaying. Getting harder to find these big sites anymore.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby PrincessKiara » October 29th, 2014, 9:37 am

I don`t think it will be abandoned or removed, it`s such a large site and has been around since the early days of the glorious internet.
I haven`t visited in a very long time, but I have spent lots of time on there earlier, browsing the fan art archives and such.
I even have a link to my Princess Kiara site on there! :superexcited:
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby zerodix » October 14th, 2015, 11:02 am

ah, tlkfaa :D I first saw it in 2006, at a house I was babysitting. there were so many talented artists posting their art and comics (LOVE the comics) like Audrey Cosmo, Tima(li) who also did short animations with music, AnnieHyena, NotQuiteNormal (also musical animations) were my favorite to follow. Recently I got back there, just peeking to see fan art for the lion guard.... but it is just b-artists drawing in paint and stuff. the greater artists have left the archive. What happened?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby DGFone » October 14th, 2015, 10:55 pm

I was last on there yesterday :P

The website is going through nothing more than a lull between events. I'm sure that after TLG will come out, activity will pick up again. At the very least, it will have new things to add to the news. Currently, they still have as news for when The Legacy Collection came out - last year. Considering that before that, they had latest news as the 2011 3D release in theatures all the way up until 2014, I hardly feel like the website is dying.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 15th, 2015, 1:29 am

well it was because I used to visit every single website, and alot of the fan site are...well ....dead

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby MooLion » October 18th, 2015, 5:17 pm

One of the first sites I used to go on in the early days of having internet. I've popped back on the site a few odd times over the years and it still seems to look the same as it did back then. Never really moved with the times, which is nice in some ways, but it is a shame when it just seems so dead. I remember the days of all the fan sites. Kinda sad you don't really get them anymore. Now it's more like fans together on FB or single collective sites like Animation Source, etc. All moves on. :0
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 18th, 2015, 10:44 pm

but just think with the new TLG there will be a new generation of fandom websites

gothprincesskiara

Postby SimbasGuard » October 19th, 2015, 4:37 am

Yes, anything new added to the franchise has potential to draw in new fans.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to Beyond The Lion King