1.4 Announcements.

This forum can be used for everything relating to Minecraft! Suggestions for the server, showing off your work, looking for other members to build with, etc.

1.4 Announcements.

Postby Daenerys » October 27th, 2012, 2:06 am

1.4 Announcements! 8D
Hey guys. :D
Dashie here, and with some announcements for the 1.4 updates and the server additions and concerns.
With 1.4 comes a lot of excitement but a few things that I should share with my fellow Minecraftians.

First thing I'll go with, is the zombie villager-infecting. I ask you as an admin, to please try not to allow zombies to infect the villagers, as some members may want to continue trading with the villagers, and it takes a very, very, very long time for the villagers to be returned to normal. So I ask you to help prevent any villagers you can from being infected.

Second thing is the new witch mob. This new mob is very deadly and is something that should be avoided and should be attacked with precaution. There will be new buildings now, called a Witch's Hut, which spawn in swamps and some other biomes. If you find one, do not destroy the building, but you may kill the witch.

Thirdly, is the the new potions. Potion with Invisibility is going to be very tempting to use a lot, as it makes you completely invisible, name tag and all. Do not use this potion to go around killing people with a diamond sword just because no one can see you.

Last but not least, this is the biggest announcement. As you may know, the new Wither boss is the deadliest mob yet. It is spawned using 4 soul sand and 3 wither skeleton heads.
This will inflict mass destruction on the server!
DO NOT SPAWN THIS MOB UNLESS IT IS CONTAINED IN A BEDROCK ROOM.
The mob will shoot TNT at any peaceful mob, and will randomly blow things up when it can. This mob can also inflict the "Wither" debuff, which is basically a slow death. This mob is very deadly and can destroy the server if let loose.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.
We have built a bedrock room, under water, in the middle of nowhere, to battle this new boss. If you wish to fight the boss, please ask any OP that is on the server at the time, and you may build and fight the boss under the supervision of an OP, we do not want any accidents. Sorry for these strict rules, and
thanks for reading and please follow these new rules, as 1.4 is not a very safe update. XD

~Dashie, MLK MC OP
Last edited by Daenerys on November 14th, 2012, 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Re: 1.4 Announcements.

Postby OuRaion » October 27th, 2012, 2:59 am

i was going to make an obsidion room just big enough for the wither to spawn in, and then spam the attack button. It can't escape or wreak havoc. It can't move and there is a one block hole to attack it. Can I use this idea of mine, or must I use the underwater bedrock?
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby Daenerys » October 27th, 2012, 6:54 pm

I think that would be okay, but please make sure there is an OP present in case something bad does happen. It is much more preferred that you use the bedrock room built specifically for battling the boss, though.
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OuRaion » October 28th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Nevermind about that thing I asked above. I did an experiment, and the wither can break obsidion, plus the bedrock must be at least 7 blocks high (not including the roof or floor) or the wither will somehow get out. So if the bedrock room is not at least 7 high, i suggest you fix it.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby Arani » October 28th, 2012, 8:31 pm

.... Okay, thank you. I'll go fix it right now.
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby Biomac » October 30th, 2012, 1:33 am

YAAAAAY the server is finally updated :kiaraexcited:

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Arani » October 30th, 2012, 1:41 am

Is it? I'm on right now, as far as I can tell it has not been updated yet. =/
Arani

Postby Daenerys » October 30th, 2012, 1:45 am

Bio, please log in to the server and see if it works or not, if you are not able to log in, then it's not updated. Try that please? X3 I'm online too and I'm running 1.3.2.
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Postby Biomac » October 30th, 2012, 1:56 am

Well I've already tried today and I couldn't

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Arani » October 30th, 2012, 2:28 am

You must have updated to 1.4 then. Can't play on the server while updated to 1.4 until the server itself is updated.
Arani

Next

Return to MLK Minecraft