[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Donations — My Lion King Forum

Donations

This forum can be used for everything relating to Minecraft! Suggestions for the server, showing off your work, looking for other members to build with, etc.

Donations

Postby Moka » August 18th, 2012, 2:52 am

Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Expenses

Postby Regulus » August 18th, 2012, 4:02 am

Well...

$40 a month is still rather expensive.

I wouldn't mind donating to keep the server up (maybe 25-50% of that, heck, that's about what the typical subscription fee for a MMO is), but my bank account is basically empty right now from paying for tuition and books, and that won't change until I get my FASFA check sometime before the end of this year.

However, Minecraft really isn't my primary concern anymore, because I doubt I'll have much time to play at all in the coming months anyway.

Worst case scenario, you can go back to hosting the server, and we have to deal with dynamic IPs and unforeseen down times.

I have parts left over from an old computer that I don't use much anymore; which might be able to host a server. It's an old Athlon 64 x2 clocked at 3.0GHz, with 3GB RAM, but no dedicated video card. The 8600GT I had in there died, so it can only run from the crappy integrated Nvidia chip. The HDD also died, but I can use a spare external HDD (320GB USB 2.0, if I remember correctly) as a boot drive for Linux. Yeah, it's slow, but I would be comfortable running the 'server' 24/7.

However, my upload speed is total crap, at just under 1 megabit per second, which isn't much, especially when I'm using the internet. My connection also isn't exactly the most reliable; my modem has been known to restart itself for no apparent reason, which seems to be happening more and more often lately. Although I have a dynamic IP, I don't even think it changes once a month; it doesn't happen often at all, so at least that isn't an issue.

Although I have, admittedly, never run a server before, so I'm not too experienced with this sort of stuff. But that does remind me, a few members here run their own servers, which are more likely the better option, if necessary.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Arani » August 18th, 2012, 4:36 am

I would maybe be able to help pay for a month or two, but that's it. I could only use the money I get on Christmas or Birthdays, and I don't have much of that. I cant ask my family for money for something like this. We don't have enough money for real-life stuff.

It's also kinda sad that the server isn't really active anymore. =( I'd like to keep it running, the question is, how? You spending that much money on the server isn't very fair, considering it's not really used anymore. =/ I'd personally be fine with the ip's changing and random break downs and such if it was moved back to your computer, I mean it can all be fixed and it'll come back up eventually. But I don't know how other people would react to that.

Anyway, wish I could help but there's not much I can do. I wish I could help more. =( Sorry. Hope this gets resolved soon.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Tora » August 18th, 2012, 6:57 am

If members really want it, I can pledge $20 a month to help pay for it. I like this community, and want to help in anyway I can. :)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Simbaholikov » August 18th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Lolnope, der nazis dun deserve my money.
Last edited by Simbaholikov on September 29th, 2012, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moka » August 18th, 2012, 9:02 pm

@Regulus: Hardware really isn't an issue, my computer is left on almost all the time and it has better hardware than the MLK server. The problem is internet speed, that's the part that causes lag for people.

I'll commit to $20 a month, I guess.
If we make it to $40 each month consecutively, I guess we can keep it on the real server. Those who wish to donate to the server can do so here: http://www.mylionking.com/donation/

Any amount helps. Let me know what you donated, I think I'll keep track of it in this topic.
Moka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Arani » August 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I'll donate as soon as I can! ^^ (Credit card cannot be used atm...) >_<
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Tora » August 19th, 2012, 6:57 am

[quote="Moka"]Any amount helps. Let me know what you donated, I think I'll keep track of it in this topic.[/quote]

I have just made a $20 dollar donation. I do hope that it helps. :)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Moka » August 19th, 2012, 9:39 pm

Thank you Tora! I've updated the first post. August has been paid fully.
Moka

Re: Donations

Postby Moka » August 24th, 2012, 2:10 am

Thanks to a donation from Aidan, the server is paid for through September!
Moka

Return to MLK Minecraft