PSA: Check your local flea market! I scored!

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

PSA: Check your local flea market! I scored!

Postby Nilla » August 31st, 2016, 9:06 am

I never bothered going to the flea market because I figured it'd be full of antiques that didn't interest me, but I recently went with my mom and there was a ton of Lion King merch! And it wasn't just one seller either, Lion King was all over. I passed on a lot of stuff that I didn't really want or already had, but check out what I got :D

I think these were $1 each, but the one on the right might have been .75

Scar was $1 and nala was .50

(^This picture's from google, but I got the same thing)
I think this was $3?

I bought TLK merch from 5 different sellers in total and there were even more that had merch. Results may vary by flea market, and some of the stuff was visibly used, but I can't believe I was naive about this cheap merch resource.
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Re: PSA: Check your local flea market! I scored!

Postby Elton John » August 31st, 2016, 1:46 pm

Too bad I don't have a flea market where I currently live. There used to be one in my old town, I liked going to it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Nilla » August 31st, 2016, 7:00 pm

Aw. I'm sorry
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » August 31st, 2016, 7:14 pm

Don't worry, it isn't your fault.

Amazon has a lot of obscure tlk stuff but the prices are definitely not bargains.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Nilla » August 31st, 2016, 10:30 pm

That's for sure. I've had some luck with ebay, but it's hard to find a good deal what with the shipping and fees and whatnot
Nilla

Postby MooLion » September 1st, 2016, 10:04 pm

Fab finds there! :D Not quite the same, but over the years got a few of my LK soft toys from carboot sales and similar. It's saddening to think of all the cool LK toys I've potentially missed out on for the many, many carboot sales, etc. I haven't been to. D:
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby LittleRolox3 » September 2nd, 2016, 8:43 pm

^ i feel ya.

ive been going to my car boots every sunday this year and sadly havent found much. the best year was like 2014 but its just luck.

im so jealous of the just play kovu been after him for a while!
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby Squeely » September 2nd, 2016, 11:46 pm

I used to have that Nala comb! I'm sure we had the couple other things that come with it, but Nala comb was the one that stuck around.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Squashed_Banana » September 3rd, 2016, 10:21 pm

Those are some good finds! I currently have that Just Play Kovu (and Kiara) placed on a shelf in my dorm room :)

I haven't been to a flea market since nearly a decade. I didn't have any money for any potential merchandise in those days. Hopefully I can find some good ones around where I live. Until then, I'll have to use Ebay.
"Zira had a plot, and I was part of it, but I don't want to be... because... it's because I love you."
||Signature by me||The Lion King: Harvest Moon Edition||
Squashed_Banana
Hey, look...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

... We are one.

Pride Points: 1

Postby Gaze » September 5th, 2016, 5:51 am

oh god, you really DID score! when I went to the local flea market I got a big Kovu plush (it matches the Kiara you got, I think) and the kissing Nala to go along with the Simba I already had. would love to go hunting there more but unfortunately it closed down recently )~:
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Next

Return to Lion King Marketplace