Merchandise FAILS

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Merchandise FAILS

Postby Troll Berserker » August 18th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Is there any merchandise that fails so bad it makes you laugh?

Here, a pridelander Kovu. The person who posted it doesn't tell where it's from - http://fav.me/d8yyswn

Scar derpness - http://fav.me/d9pc34f

And a fail mug with yelow Mufasa and Simba - http://fav.me/d8y2jql

And I just found this gem on Facebook:
Attachments
13895399_1220662904622427_3033071265180314626_n.jpg
13895399_1220662904622427_3033071265180314626_n.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Re: Merchandise FAILS

Postby Darkshine Laufeyson » August 18th, 2016, 6:41 pm

OMG, this is amazing. xD
Siggie under construction, watch this space!
I love animals, acting, and dancing! Tom Hiddleston fangirl. <3
Warriors Cats|Guardians of Ga'Hoole|Redwall|Wings of Fire|The Named|Disney|HTTYD|LOTR|Harry Potter|Narnia|Inheritance|MARVEL/DC|Star Wars|Jurassic Park|Doctor Who|MLP/LPS|Pokemon
Darkshine Laufeyson

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2016, 6:55 pm

I forgot where it was exactly but somewhere here someone posted a gif of what I think was a mcdonalds happy meal toy of rafiki presenting baby simba that looked like rafiki was, well, doing something very explicit to him.

Suffice to say I don't know how that got greenlit.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbaPrescott » August 18th, 2016, 7:09 pm

Oh boy. There's a couple that are just made of fail. This is one of them.

I also have one book (that has both TLK&SP together) that shows cub Simba at the front of the Simba's Pride logo and adult Simba on the first Lion King movie. The description at the back for SP is actually Hakuna Matata's storyline. And to top it all off, the end of TLK's story reads 'Simba's son' (even though several of the books have been updated to read daughter) and on the following page we meet Kiara.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2016, 7:53 pm

:lol:

I'm not sure if this counts as a fail.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005JU9UR0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471545898&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=kissing+simba&dpPl=1&dpID=513MKTowf1L&ref=plSrch

1: cub simba and nala never kiss in the movies, certainly not mouth to mouth.

2: i'm pretty sure that real lions don't do that either.

I'm imagining that thinking behind this product went like this

Disney Bob: Disney Jill, we just spent the last three hours making out and we have 10 minutes to come up with a new product based on the lion king.

Disney Jill: We could make plushes of cub simba and nala where they kiss mouth to mouth.

Disney Bob: That's absurd! Any other ideas?

Disney Jill: A talking Zazu doll that shouts out british obscenities when you squeeze it.

Disney Bob: Sigh. Kissing simba and nala it is then.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby nathalie » August 18th, 2016, 8:36 pm

None the less, I have the original kissing cubs plushies, mint in box, and I LOVE them, one of the few ones I adore from the beginning years.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2016, 8:44 pm

They look cute but it makes little sense.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby nathalie » August 18th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Since when does an animated movie need to make sense. Am I the only one who enjoys it like it is, without asking a bazillion questions that even the makers didn't think about? haha :p
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2016, 9:58 pm

I think that logical consistency is important. Suspension of disbelief.

I can accept that african animals have elaborate musical numbers. I can accept the magic in harry potter. I can accept that an italian plumber can grow bigger by eating mushrooms and has to save a princess from a dragon/turtle thing.

However, when you build a world there has to be rules and guidelines. Even in animated movies. It's like how they gave Kion a super powered roar. The Lion King has never shyed away from mystical elements. However if they were to change that roar to a flamethrower or have him shoot lightning out his butt that would be very bad.

Sorry for the tangent... things don't need to make sense with our world but they need to make sense with theirs.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Troll Berserker » August 19th, 2016, 5:51 am

SimbaPrescott> Lol, someone just lazily pasted premade art into a screenshot background. I've seen fanworks better than that xD

Oh, i found another fail. Zira, Kiara and Kovu hapily playing together xD
Attachments
12507686_1042856805734917_4714083732780903382_n.jpg
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Next

Return to Lion King Marketplace