Merchandise Helpline, Collector to Collector

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Merchandise Helpline, Collector to Collector

Postby KiovuLove » April 13th, 2016, 1:30 am

I've had this idea for awhile. Usually if someone needs advice or help, they just post a whole new topic and cloud up the forum so i thought maybe just have a place where you can come and whoever knows the answer to your questions could help you. I sometimes see this among topics relating to other things and have answered things and helped out a couple times. I definitely can't say that I'm some professional in the standards of toy collecting, but i look through eBay daily and own a lot of items if there's a concern or question about them.

I actually have a question myself. I have gotten some figures in a couple lots and noticed some of them are the same but...different. The two adult ones are both clearly adult simba (I think) and the others are definitely young simba. The adult ones are completely but completely similar. They both do the button action fighting and the colors are the same but the facial expressions and the tail stand out as different. The young ones are exactly the same but the one I just got looks like a knock off. It's body is a different shade than the rest of him and the head and limbs are just YELLOW. Were these released at different times? Are they mistakes? I'm just curious.
Attachments
20160412_200043.jpg
20160412_190030.jpg
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Re: Merchandise Helpline, Collector to Collector

Postby nathalie » April 13th, 2016, 10:31 am

The adult Simba's are I believe Simba on the left, Mufasa on the right.
From the Mattel 1994 action figures series.
They look extremely alike.
I have the full set of 6, here's both in their Original packaging.

Simba

Mufasa
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby LittleRolox3 » April 13th, 2016, 10:56 am

They are both adult simbas, the one on the left is the euro version ( i have him) and the one on the right US version
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby nathalie » April 13th, 2016, 4:09 pm

Which is very strange, because I also have both European and US version, and mine look 100 % the same.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiovuLove » April 13th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Could I get a better shot of the face? Does his mouth move? I have a mufasa as well, his head just moves. His mouth doesn't though.
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nathalie » April 14th, 2016, 10:11 am

Was going to make pictures for you, but I only have my European Simba with me.
I recently moved, and at my parents house right now, they are bringing me back home by car, so I thought, I can take my remaining 12 boxes with me.
8 are missing! The US Simba and the Mufasa are in one of those 8 boxes (oh, I know exactly what is in every single box).
My dad is at work, so can't ask him where they are ... I'll give him a call tonight, I am not amused at all right now :roar4:
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Postby KiovuLove » April 14th, 2016, 10:34 am

:eek2: Oh no that sucks. No rush. I could just post a picture of my mufasa to show what I mean but I'm on my way to work lol
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Postby nathalie » April 14th, 2016, 8:10 pm

This is the Mufasa I have, found this one.
But now I forgot to take one of Simba that's out of the seal.
Attachments
mufasa.jpg
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Postby KiovuLove » April 15th, 2016, 9:41 pm

Oh I have that. It's not either of those. I keep forgetting to take a picture but i got it now.
Attachments
20160415_205120.jpg
But you'll see every day

We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Postby nathalie » April 16th, 2016, 5:28 am

I guess LittleRolox3 should be correct then.
I Always had my EU Simba out of the seal ever since I got it in 1994-1995, and a few years ago I got that US version in a lot when I only wanted (and still needed) Scar to complete the set.
I never bothered to take a good look at Simba, as I already had him, and figured he'd look 100 % the same. I guess not then, haha. I need to pay more attention to my things, lol.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Next

Return to Lion King Marketplace