Incorrect movie description on simba's pride toy

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Incorrect movie description on simba's pride toy

Postby Nilla » February 9th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I just saw a simba's pride set on ebay, and the box had an interesting description on it. What do you guys think?
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3gYAAOSwv ... -l1600.jpg
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Re: Incorrect movie description on simba's pride toy

Postby LittleRolox3 » February 9th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Think they were made before the final plot came out, plus those plushies don't exist either. unless they are meant to be the Jemini Beanies which they kinda resemble
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby Nilla » February 9th, 2016, 7:24 pm

If that's the case it's really interesting to me to see how the movie was originally planned. Kiara was supposed to get visited by Mufasa?? It's like a glimpse into the past
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lynx » February 9th, 2016, 9:28 pm

[quote="Nilla"]If that's the case it's really interesting to me to see how the movie was originally planned. Kiara was supposed to get visited by Mufasa?? It's like a glimpse into the past[/quote]
Wonder if this could be revisited in TLG? :?
Lynx

Postby TheLionPrince » February 9th, 2016, 11:12 pm

Like everyone else has noted, it is believed there was a deleted scene where Mufasa visited Kiara, and instructed her to return back to the Pride Lands. In a Proud of Simba's Pride documentary featurette (at 5:30), James Earl Jones is seen recording, "You have let your family break apart, and in doing so, you've broken the circle of life." That said, even the director Darrell Rooney doesn't recall this scene and believes it belonged in an earlier version of the film that predated his time before he came onboard as director, as he told me in a conversation on Facebook.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » February 9th, 2016, 11:36 pm

I have that set, and was confused to see the discription on the back. It is a old plot for the movie. Honestly, if Kiara had been visited by Mufasa the movie plot would have been 200x better. This also suggests that Zira was scar's wife
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby Nilla » February 10th, 2016, 6:19 am

@TheLionPrince The picture is too small too be read, but that's really interesting

@Travelerblu I'm kind of glad that it was cut tbh. To me, Mufasa showing up was so impactful in the first movie because Simba was close to him, and him dying was the main tragedy of the movie. If he showed up in TLK2, it's be pretty cool, but it'd be sort of a rehash of the first movie, and Kiara would barely know who he is anyway. If my great grandma who died before I was born came to me in a spirit to tell me what to do I'd be like "who do you think you are?" Instead we got a Kiara that was independent enough to make that call herself.
And Zira's relationship to Scar is pretty unclear in the movie? Was she his widow? friend? fanatic follower? I know they wanted to avoid incest but they said kovu was adopted, so there's no reason she couldn't have been his wife with an adopted kid.
Nilla

Postby TheLionPrince » February 10th, 2016, 7:04 am

[quote="Nilla"]@TheLionPrince The picture is too small too be read, but that's really interesting.[/quote]

Sorry about that. Here's the image:

[quote="Nilla"]And Zira's relationship to Scar is pretty unclear in the movie? Was she his widow? friend? fanatic follower? I know they wanted to avoid incest but they said kovu was adopted, so there's no reason she couldn't have been his wife with an adopted kid.[/quote]

Yes, the director stated the relationship was left obscured to make her "just a follower". Zira being Scar's murderous widow as listed on the merchandise obviously relates with the original intention for Zira to be Scar's mate, but as we well know, it isn't so anymore.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Nilla » February 10th, 2016, 7:21 am

You really know your stuff, thanks for the info!
Nilla

Postby Rollo » February 10th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to Lion King Marketplace