What did you just buy?

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Re: What did you just buy?

Postby Rollo » May 23rd, 2016, 4:51 pm

^ Oh my god, that's so cool! I've always wanted a tattoo of the Simba drawing. I see more of the cub Simba, but the one with the mane is really beautiful. By the way, I've been thinking of getting a small set of tattoos around that area of the forearm. Is it painful?
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kion » May 23rd, 2016, 5:26 pm

Thank you so much, I appreciate it :)

Funnily enough, I wanted the cub tattoo for quite a while, but by the time I got round to going through with a tattoo, could relate to adult Simba more and it held a lot of meaning, so went for that! :) And the mane is very vibrant, the artist made really cute hair for my little guy :lol:

It didn't hurt anywhere near how much I thought it would - and this was my first tattoo. It was kind of like an electric razor, a buzzing/ vibrating feeling, occasionally it felt slightly uncomfortable for a few seconds, but wouldn't describe it as painful. It was actually quite a therapeutic feeling! :) So don't let the fear of the pain put you off - you can carry out a conversation with the artist throughout, so it's totally doable.

Good luck if you decide to go for something! :D
Kion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hevi Kabisa

Nickname(s): Sam
Pride Points: 3

Postby Rollo » May 23rd, 2016, 7:21 pm

^ Ah, that's very reassuring. Thanks for the help! :D
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Gaze » May 23rd, 2016, 8:39 pm

that's awesome, Kion! I love the symbolism you see in the image and how much it means to you. would love to see a more close-up pic of the finished product.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Kion » May 24th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Thanks so much! 8-)

My other half is gonna take some close-ups of it after it's healed :D Will post them on here then - probably in a couple of weeks :)
Kion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hevi Kabisa

Nickname(s): Sam
Pride Points: 3

Postby Rollo » July 15th, 2016, 12:35 pm

Literally logged on during my hiatus because I was SO excited to share this, lol. I just managed to snag the Mufasa Walt Disney World beanie from US eBAY. Along with the highly coveted Sarabi, he's one of the few Lion King plushes that I actually want. I got him for around $22 which is not bad at all. It was just the P&P that was a pain in the neck, but what else is new?

Also purchased the 2011 Disney Store Scar that they released for the re-release. I believe he's the American version which has the white chin fluff instead of the brown and he's also larger. I prefer that one since it's closer to his design. Again, one of the few plushies I've wanted so I'm super happy. He was expensive but I've had a hard week and I deserve it. 8-)

Always wished they made a Mufasa that was around that size. The jumbo Mufasa is just way too big for my liking.

Now to search for the Sarabi WDW plush...as if I'll ever be that lucky :lol:
Rollo

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 15th, 2016, 3:02 pm

OMGOSH when I went to the Disney store! I was so lucky when i saw this! SIZE 7/8! BARELY FITS ME! this size HAS to be rare! And im gonna make sure it doesn't shrink, sleeves are short, but I dont care it still FITS! I scored BIG TIME! for my self because it was around $30.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby HasiraKali » July 16th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Welcome to the TLK tattoo club, Kion! :D Tattoos are addicting, so be careful. When I showed my mum when we got home from the studio, she just goes "I guess it really wasn't a phase" :lol:

And I agree that it didn't hurt nearly as much as I anticipated. The buzzing was annoying more than anything. It kind of felt like a weird rug burn in places too. I was worried that I'd just worked myself up so much the first time that endorphins took over, but the second one wasn't painful either. I'm getting Mufasa's ghost next, above my silhouettes and the TLKoB logo opposite my Simba drawing. I'm seriously playing around with the idea of the Lion Guard mark too :lol:
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby HasiraKali » August 6th, 2016, 8:01 pm

I got myself two yards of this fleece yesterday. Instant blanket haha. I am going to trim the weird white spool information off the one side though. Hoorah for coupons on sale items! :D

image.jpeg

They had Lion Guard fleece too, but you know, classics.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby moonsugar33 » August 12th, 2016, 9:38 am

That is some nice fleece! You know, if you get some more fleece in a plain colour like red or orange, you can make a really cool blanket without even having to sew it together. My grandma made one for me years ago and it's great, I still use it today. What makes it doubly great is because it's held together by knots, you can untie a section big enough to climb inside like a sleeping blanket or, if you untie hand and foot holes too, you can walk around the house in it! Here's the tutorial.

I just picked up this ornament from Target in Australia for $20, apparently it's not due out for another three months!

I was pretty shocked at just how light he was, but I suppose he is an ornament after all, couldn't have him too heavy. I was also a little disappointed to see the obvious joins in his mold, like at his shoulders and where the different colours of his paws meet- when my phone is charged I'll take some pictures and add them to this post. However, he's still pretty damn cute and I'd still recommend him anyway. There's also some really nice details, like the ripples and texture of the grass where his feet are, and his cute lil nose!

Here's the link to the official product page if you're interested.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Marketplace