How I ended up with 3 copies of Lion King on VHS

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

How I ended up with 3 copies of Lion King on VHS

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » May 17th, 2015, 3:12 am

It's kinda weird I ended up with 3 copies on VHS, it seems like that would more likely happen with the second movie for me. (I always keep my VHS of Simba's Pride by my computer as kinda a good luck charm. ;) )

First off I want to explain that I am a Disney collector. I collect all things Disney. All eras,Including stuff by companies owned by Disney, including Marvel (So lately I've got a few Age of Ultron stuff).

The first copy I got was while garage sailing, where I got quite a bit of Disney stuff. I found it on sale for 50 cents (and also got Aladdin and Aristocats on VHS at the same place, might have also been where I got Scamp's Adventure)

Second copy is from when we were cleaning out the attic, mom said I could have The Disney VHSes (she used to buy them as they came out in the 90s, so we had a lot) Not only did I get my most favorite VHS I own from the attic (Simba's Pride, of course, and it works great :D ) We also found our copy of Lion King.

Now my mom just came back from up north where she was helping my grandma with a garage sale. Knowing I'm the Disney fan of the family my family members gave her some Disney stuff to give to me. So I got some Disney Mcdonalds Glasses,Into the Woods on dvd (My grandma bought it and didn't like it) and some Disney Vhses of Aladdin, Some old Black and Whitie Mickey Mouse cartoons and Lion King. I think this one was from an old movie store. It has a sticker on it that says "Please Rewind".

I have a separate place in my collection for my Lion King stuff because I like it the best (Mostly Number 2, but the others are in the top also) and Im starting to feel like a real collector with 3 copies of it on VHS.

Who knows maybe someday I'll score another copy. :lol:
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: How I ended up with 3 copies of Lion King on VHS

Postby SimbaPrescott » May 18th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Haha! That's pretty cool. I only have 2 copies of the (UK PAL) VHS - My childhood version, and one I picked up at a charity store a few weeks ago because it came with extra leaflets I didn't have in mine :P
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Re: How I ended up with 3 copies of Lion King on VHS

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » May 19th, 2015, 2:42 am

Cool : 3. I buy used DVDs at a video game shop and I get excited when they have booklets in them.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Return to Lion King Marketplace