Nestle Contest Giant Adult Simba Plush

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

Nestle Contest Giant Adult Simba Plush

Postby tw5270 » March 27th, 2015, 5:56 pm

As you may have seen in my introduction I am a "picker" by trade.
That means I buy storage units, estates, and shop at thrift stores, auctions and the like.
I found your forum here while researching this Simba I recently got from the estate of a Disney Collector. (I picked up some other cool stuff as well)

I am not 100% sure but I believe this was a contest give away in 1994 or 1995 sponsored by Nestle as part of their launch of the Nestle Crunch Lion King Bars.

I am not sure how many were awarded as prizes but this is the first one I have ever found. I am considering listing him on ebay but I have no reference for value. As you see the guys on Storage Wars do, I am looking for an "expert".

Do any of you know much about this? Is there any information you can share, or correct (if my info above is wrong)? What would a fair value be for this cool piece?

He is approximately 40" long without measuring his tail, 60" long when you include the tail and stands approximately 25" tall.

EDIT: I just saw that my linked pics were getting cut off, I have added a full pic loaded to the forum:

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Attachments
DSCN5418.JPG
If life is a circle, why do I feel stuck in the middle?
tw5270
The Finder

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Of all things lost

Nickname(s): Tdub
Pride Points: 3

Re: Nestle Contest Giant Adult Simba Plush

Postby LittleRolox3 » May 21st, 2015, 2:28 pm

does his tush tags say douglas or nestle?
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby tw5270 » May 21st, 2015, 3:08 pm

I do not remember now, he was sold to a lovely young girl in the UK and shipped to her for her birthday present. She is a collector and is very happy with him in her collection. I have since of course found several other interesting Lion King items. Anytime someone is looking for any item please feel free to reach out to me. I may have it or be able to get it.

Thanks,
Terry
If life is a circle, why do I feel stuck in the middle?
tw5270
The Finder

Of all things lost

Nickname(s): Tdub
Pride Points: 3

Postby LittleRolox3 » May 25th, 2015, 10:56 pm

id be interested with what else lion king you would find :)
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Return to Lion King Marketplace