I got Lion King on VHS

Methods of payment and delivery may be discussed in this forum, but My Lion King is not responsible for any transactions in this forum. Buyer and seller assume all risks and responsibilities.

I got Lion King on VHS

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » September 6th, 2014, 9:03 pm

I was doing garage sales and I got a lot of stuff for my Disney collection ((and a few non Disney like a Space Jam cup and two Lego movie cups.) But I found Lion King on VHS for 50 cents! :)
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: I got Lion King on VHS

Postby FlipMode » September 8th, 2014, 10:35 am

Yep, I got mine for free when I used to volunteer at a charity shop. It's not a hard thing to find, TLK was popular when it came out and people bought it on VHS.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Carl » September 9th, 2014, 3:19 am

I still have the VHS from the original release. :lol:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby MooLion » September 9th, 2014, 7:08 pm

^ Same!
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Got vhs also still and working, just not sure of the players anymore heh. Also tape is very well spent as many times watched it as a kid back then.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby DGFone » September 13th, 2014, 11:16 pm

I remember when my family moved house several years ago and we had a garage sale where we sold the VHS copy of The Lion King we had. Even though it was before I really fell for the movie, I was still quite disappointed to see it go, even though we didn't even have a VHS player to watch it with! When we got the Diamond Edition, I was very happy indeed!

While I understand the sentimental value behind a VHS version, strictly speaking, it is also the worse in terms of watching experience. I will give the VHS one thing going for it: The box needs to be big to hold the VHS, which means that there is plenty of room for very nice looking artwork on the spine. I always enjoy great media that comes in very nice boxes, which is why I am not the biggest fan of digital media. Sure, digital is convenient, but there is no pretty box to look at as well.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Gaze » September 19th, 2014, 6:26 am

I really prefer watching TLK and SP on VHS as opposed to DVD. the trailers before the film, and that overall VHS quality, really strongly amplify the nostalgia factor!! I love it
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Return to Lion King Marketplace