Geocache

Geocache

Postby FlipMode » April 10th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Just discovered this about two days ago and heading out tomorrow to give it a try :) will update with results if you guys like but until then I just wandered if anyone else here has tried geocaching and if so how many have you found etc?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Geocache

Postby Regulus » April 11th, 2014, 12:39 am

I've heard of it. Never actually tried it, though.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Zeke » April 22nd, 2014, 5:22 am

I have not personally done it myself but I have quite a few friends that are really into it. I guess there are a lot hidden in the woods here in Northern California and I would love to give it a try if I had a gps. At my old work, we always had people walking around with gps's trying to find the geocache hidden in the store and it was quite entertaining. :D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby Regulus » April 22nd, 2014, 7:07 pm

I found my first geocache yesterday. It was pretty sweet... except for the part where I found two spiders sitting around it.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » June 15th, 2014, 4:44 pm

[quote="Regulus"] I found two spiders sitting around it.[/quote]

All a part of the fun!

I'm on... 14 finds I think.
It's not something I go out purposely to do, usually if I'm going out anyway I'll just make a bit of time to find one or two close by. I do quite like moving traceables around though.
Haven't come across any coins yet, but I will. Because I am a pirate and I want all your booty.... Hmmm...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TomCat » July 11th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby FlipMode » July 30th, 2014, 6:22 pm

I usually stop off to find at least one while out on bike rides etc.
I bumped into another geocacher once and considering going to one of the meet events.
It is fun. It's funny how when you tell people about it they get more curious and then when they actually see one they are always like "OMG THAT IS ACTUALLY A REAL THING!".

I really do recommend people try geocaching, it's a great way to get outside and exercise. And I've found parks and ponds etc and really nice scenic places that I never knew about thanks to it as well.
FlipMode

Return to The Den