Horse Riding

Horse Riding

Postby Annie » June 28th, 2012, 10:47 pm

Since the other thread is super old, I figured I'd start a new one :)

Who horse rides/has ridden here?

I've improved a lot since I last posted, I now ride/bring on a horse called Ned. He's a 11yr old standardbred pacer, who's actually doing well at normal trotting now :P
We do lots of "bombproofing" which is so much fun!
Lets see photos of yours, if you have any!!

And a nice soppy video to top it off ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTDSAysIaY
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Re: Horse Riding

Postby Shadowfax » June 28th, 2012, 11:32 pm

OMG, Ned's brave... Jazz wouldn't let me go near her with an umbrella, beach ball or put a flag on her head xD

I love her to bits though <3
Attachments
Jazz jump.jpg
wheeeeeeeeeee.png
wheeeeeeeeeee.png (44.09 KiB) Viewed 6745 times
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby cleargreenwater » June 28th, 2012, 11:53 pm

For two glorious weeks in the summer of 1994, my divorced parents actually worked together and pooled their resources so I could go to horse camp.

Those 2 weeks are among the best memories of my life. I loved cleaning hooves and buckling on the saddle and briddling Peanut up. He was a plain old brown Quarterhorse who obviously was a very sure thing to be a learning-on horse and not prone to flightyness or stubborn-ness or quirks, with the ONE exception that he was really, REALLY careful about picking his way down inclines/hills--I mean notorious. Legendary even among the cousellors for holding up the line. But considering I'd skidded down a mountainside face-first about 2 years before myself, I wasn't much a fan of hills or a sharp downward pitch either at the time so I totally understood. I never told the counsellors any of that about myself, but we had an understanding about those hills me & Peanut! :lol:

I wasn't able to maintain involvement in riding after that, but I envy you guys that "horsey high" from working with Ned and Jazz!
Last edited by cleargreenwater on June 29th, 2012, 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Shadowfax » June 28th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Awww, Peanut sounds really cute ^^
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby cleargreenwater » June 29th, 2012, 12:18 am

^ That's gotta be awesome to jump with them, how long have you been riding?
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Annie » June 29th, 2012, 8:16 am

Aw, Jazz looks gorgeous :D
And Peanut sounds like a horse I used to ride called Blobby (Who sadly passed away) he was simply amazing :) such a good horse! You could put very small children on him and he'd keep them safe, or experienced riders and he'd go for a lovely gallop!

I forgot to post pictures of Neddy jumping :O

This one is of our big jump!!
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Postby Shadowfax » June 29th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Hoooge jump is hooge D: Your v brave to jump in teh snow ^^

Jazz hasn't done alot of jumping really, and doesn't like it too much. She prefers going flat out across the fields :P

And i've been riding since I was three cleargreenwater, so twenty years now O___O OMG... that is such a scary thought...
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Annie » June 29th, 2012, 7:47 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"]Hoooge jump is hooge D: Your v brave to jump in teh snow ^^

Jazz hasn't done alot of jumping really, and doesn't like it too much. She prefers going flat out across the fields :P

And i've been riding since I was three cleargreenwater, so twenty years now O___O OMG... that is such a scary thought...[/quote]

Hehe, Ned prefers galloping across fields too :P
I've been riding for 17yrs now, so not far behind you :D
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Postby HellmotherEva » June 29th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Wow, your horses are beautiful :) I'm really impressed.
I wish I could also spend so much time with horses ^^
I ride sometimes because a friend of me, Jessica, have a 15- year old Haflinger, Chester ^^ My riding pilosophie is "keep yourself on the horse and don't fall down" xD
Chester is a pretty nice horse, a bit lazy, but we love him ^^ But I don't ride often, but IF, I really enjoy it. I hope I can ride this summer a bit m ore, I really miss it :/
Jessica once had a beautiful Shire Horse mare, called Queeny, but she died in Summer 2010 bcause she had rabies and we had to kill her... Sad story. Queeny was a awesome girl, she was lazy, but incredibly patient. She was jsut a awesome, big horse ^^ ♥ Image
the left one is Chester, the right one is... Harrys butt xD
HellmotherEva
I'm a greedy hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hate me, I don't want to argue

Nickname(s): Eva
Pride Points: 4

Postby Shadowfax » June 29th, 2012, 10:35 pm

N'awwww, Chester looks adorable! :D Hehe, like the tail swishes in the pic ^^
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Next

Return to The Den