Archery, shooting, knife throwing, etc. (weapons)

Archery, shooting, knife throwing, etc. (weapons)

Postby Dark Huntress » November 4th, 2012, 2:02 am

I enjoy all of the above. I have never had an actual teacher, I just enjoy practicing things like that. I wish I had a fencing instructor :( ...
So if you enjoy shooting guns, throwing knives, archery, etc. post!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Re: Archery, shooting, knife throwing, etc. (weapons)

Postby Zeke » December 10th, 2012, 10:58 am

I am currently a collegiate competitor in archery in the barebow category:) hopefully going to state and nationals next year. Knife throwing and rifle/handgun shooting are also very fun past-times ;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 10th, 2012, 4:53 pm

I've had a couple of archery lessons before ^^ That's about it as far as I'm concerned tho x)
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Kopalover » January 30th, 2013, 6:18 am

I'm great at Archery. Knife throwing is an ishy for me. But does airsofting count ? Cause I'm good at that too.
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby DGFone » January 30th, 2013, 6:21 am

[quote="Kopalover"]I'm great at Archery. Knife throwing is an ishy for me. But does airsofting count ? Cause I'm good at that too.[/quote]

Airsoft has nothing in common with real guns. Sure, the guns look similar, but the mass of a bullet (AKA - recoil) and the shear sound you get while firing a gun cannot be matched even close by airsoft guns.

Also: real guns are very heavy. You can't really aim one for even ten seconds unless you know how to aim properly. (Not the way they show in video games) ;)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby OuRaion » March 1st, 2013, 10:05 pm

I shoot. Not competitive, more like hunting, you know, to keep the pests out (foxes, rabbits etc) sometime my uncle will let me catch dinner. Yup, catch dinner.

And I get archery lessons from a couple of people that won some major archery competition somewhere.
(Lessons from some of the best)
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby TomCat » July 11th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Markkyss » August 27th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Knife throwing, whether in a martial or sport application, involves the same basic principles of mechanics. The objective in each case is for the point to stick into the target with a sufficient amount of force. For this to be successful, accuracy, distance, number of rotations and placement of the body all must be taken into account unless a no-spin technique is employed by the thrower (there are spin and no-spin throwing techniques)
Markkyss

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Markkyss
Pride Points: 0

Postby DGFone » May 7th, 2015, 8:12 am

Where I run my long runs on weekends (a little southwest of Yosemite Valley), it's mostly federal land, so even though it's in California, shooting and even hunting is legal. I've seen a guy with a rather nifty AR-15 setup that he was using to test out some Russian ammo, to see if it jams a lot or not. Another time I ran past three guys walking around with some really fancy looking camo-patterned compound bows.

As long as you keep safety in mind, I really don't mind you shooting where it's legal. But even if you are the most die hard fan of the 2nd amendment, please:

CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF

About a month ago, there was what looked like an entire ammo box load of freshly spent shotgun shells just lying on the road. I picked them up and stored them in my car (had no idea where to really put them), but two weeks ago I was able to hand them over to the local park ranger. She plans to make a fancy sign along the lines of "Leave no Trace" out of these shells.

...For some reason, I do have on my desk two of these shells with me though. Bright red plastic and fresh shiny stainless steel undersides. Well, I guess it's not every day you come across a pile of shells which isn't rusting into the ground...
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Gemini » August 18th, 2015, 9:55 pm

^ Pretty neat story, DG. I sure hate it when people litter, especially stuff like that. :/

Anyway, on the point of the thread - I always wanted to do archery since I was a little kid, same with knife-throwing. Shooting also sounds like it would be fun. Unfortunately we were poor and had our gun taken away so none of this ever happened. lol

Fingers crossed for college though. Maybe money won't be such a barrier anymore... I know UC Davis has an archery class at least. :P
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to The Den