Staff Feedback?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Staff Feedback?

Postby MalibuTrashDog » June 11th, 2010, 2:02 pm

I was just thinking maybe it'd be a good idea to make a thread every so often where we can evaluate staff members. (Except Moka of course lol) It wouldn't be to get them kicked off or anything, just a place to talk about each staff member to see how they're doing and give them some pointers on things they can improve perhaps. IDK just my 2 cents.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Re: Staff Feedback?

Postby Azdgari » June 11th, 2010, 3:33 pm

I think Snowy posted this topic before...
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby MalibuTrashDog » June 11th, 2010, 5:36 pm

Orly I didn't know, but that's beside the point. What's your opinion on this?
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Dutch » June 11th, 2010, 9:11 pm

I don't think we really need a topic; but maybe there could be something we can click on where we can make/submit an anonymous review of mods on here for Moka and the mod(s) to see.
Dutch

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm Rockandi

Pride Points: 1

Postby Azdgari » June 11th, 2010, 11:08 pm

I mean yeah, I think that's a fine idea--nobody's perfect, and I'm sure the staff would be happy to get some feedback on what they could improve on. =]
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby YFWE » June 12th, 2010, 1:33 am

Is it really even that necessary, though? It's just a small internet forum. It ain't a college campus, or a business, or anything like that. Is it really necessary to take it that seriously?
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby NightyByeSparrow » June 12th, 2010, 1:47 am

This isn't a terrible idea, but this isn't a big forum and we don't have a ton of mods, so I don't see it as necessary. KM, Mike,and Moka are doing a fine job right now. They don't need to keep on "improving".
NightyByeSparrow

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Postby WildSimba » June 12th, 2010, 2:49 am

[quote="NightyByeSparrow"]This isn't a terrible idea, but this isn't a big forum and we don't have a ton of mods, so I don't see it as necessary. KM, Mike,and Moka are doing a fine job right now. They don't need to keep on "improving".[/quote]

I disagree, I think there's always room for improvement, and I've certainly seen them make mistakes. It's not absolutely needed, but I think it would be a good idea to apply. Perhaps it'd even make members feel a little less pressured, because they could express their feelings without feeling they'd get banned (which I know a few members who wouldn't report for that very same reason).
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby NightyByeSparrow » June 12th, 2010, 3:11 am

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="NightyByeSparrow"]This isn't a terrible idea, but this isn't a big forum and we don't have a ton of mods, so I don't see it as necessary. KM, Mike,and Moka are doing a fine job right now. They don't need to keep on "improving".[/quote]

I disagree, I think there's always room for improvement, and I've certainly seen them make mistakes. It's not absolutely needed, but I think it would be a good idea to apply. Perhaps it'd even make members feel a little less pressured, because they could express their feelings without feeling they'd get banned (which I know a few members who wouldn't report for that very same reason).[/quote]

There's always room for improvement in everyone. Personally I think that if this was put into effect, it seems...too strict, too much.
I'm not trying to insult members who think this would happen...but if someone disagrees with a mod for locking one of their threads, for example, would they really get banned?
NightyByeSparrow

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Postby WildSimba » June 12th, 2010, 4:09 am

I'd assume that would depend on the thread. If it were flat out offensive, and ban-worthy, then sure, a complaint might be considered pushing to to far. But you never can tell what's going on between the staff/members, unless they give you picture proof. It's possible a staff member could dislike someone and ban then, then frame them. It might be rare, but there are some people who fake, and seem to be trusted, but aren't.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To