Member of the month?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Member of the month?

Postby Simbadacub » June 6th, 2010, 3:46 am

I was thinking, should there be a member of the month on here? and should they have their own Usergroup (closed so no one can get into it) for a month and an avatar with it? Like a special award for an active member or a member that contributes to the site that the staff can discuss about then post an announcement to show whom the MOTM is.Though when the first user just finishes with their MOTM they cant get it for at least 2-3 months.
Just a suggestion but yeah, thats all ^^
Simbadacub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Member of the month?

Postby Mike » June 6th, 2010, 4:12 am

We actually have that =) It's one of the MLK Awards. It's not on every month because we think it'd interfere with all the other contests. It's always best not to have more than one official MLK contest per month and we try to do that.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby KiarasMate » June 6th, 2010, 4:16 am

Another idea similar to that of TLKPF. ^^ I wouldn't mind having a MOTM system on here, although due to the recent opinions about the Staff being stated on the forum, I think it would be better if the members themselves chose who the MOTM would be for each month by sending a PM to Moka, or another designated Staff Member, much like how it works on TLKPF. This way, the staff won't be accused of playing favorites and everyone has a fair chance of winning. Again though, this is up to Moka and we're also getting a little heavy on the various awards here on the forum but I suppose one more couldn't hurt. lol. ^^ As for the winning member getting their own UserGroup, I think that's overdoing it just a tad. Maybe just a banner or something they can add in their UserBar or on the profile section, again, much like is the case on TLKPF. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby SophieCub » June 6th, 2010, 12:53 pm

This sounds a cool idea, SDC but it is up to Moka and the mods ;)
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby WildSimba » June 7th, 2010, 2:49 am

The only thing about MOTM is it typically induces a lot of drama. For example "why didn't you vote for me?" stuff like that. If it is implemented, then I'd prefer members to vote though, and not staff.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby KiarasMate » June 7th, 2010, 3:15 am

All votes would be annonymous though and Staff would still be able to cast their vote as well. Again though, this is up to Moka. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Mike » June 7th, 2010, 3:38 am

I don't think that kind of drama would be a problem. So far the awards we have on the forums are working pretty smoothly with one or two exceptions ^.^
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Postby SnowyCheetah » June 11th, 2010, 4:05 am

I think having this monthly wouldn't be a bad idea. Here's my idea of how it could work:

for like the first three weeks or so of every month, there could be nominations by the members. Then during the last week, the vote itself (I don't see why staff can't vote). Then the winner of that month will be featured throughout the next month. Though, I fail to see why we can't make the period after winning that winning is prohibited longer. On TLKFAA, artists of the month are forbidden from ever winning again xD

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Mike » June 11th, 2010, 4:35 am

On TLKFAA there are a heck of a lot more members to choose from =3
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Postby SnowyCheetah » June 11th, 2010, 4:38 am

True but honestly it's kinda dead over there. We have 1,000+ members, i think, many of then active.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To