Would it be possible to...

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Would it be possible to...

Postby Rathon » May 13th, 2010, 12:23 am

Add a profile message/visitor message option to the profile page? That way, rather than talking in a forum or sending a PM, it would be another way to communicate. I've seen it done on other forums and its excessively popular (as in its one of the primary ways to communicate). So ye or nay?
Hasty decision makes for hasty action, hasty action means certian doom. I am a thinker.
Rathon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Austin, Rathon, Rath
Pride Points: 0

Re: Would it be possible to...

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 13th, 2010, 12:30 am

You mean like on Facebook walls or in vBulletin, where you leave a comment on the user's profile itself?

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Simba » May 13th, 2010, 12:32 am

hmmmmm.....I've never heard of that before. maybe a screengrab to give us more of an idea of what you're talking about would be nice?
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby Mike » May 13th, 2010, 12:33 am

I think that the dens accomplish the same thing, they're basically a place to dump any comments or communication. I'm not sure how massive an overhaul of the boards this is, seeing as I'm completely useless with coding =3 but if it's no trouble I'm sure Moka would be willing to accommodate ^.^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Rathon » May 13th, 2010, 12:35 am

[quote="Mike"]I think that the dens accomplish the same thing, they're basically a place to dump any comments or communication. I'm not sure how massive an overhaul of the boards this is, seeing as I'm completely useless with coding =3 but if it's no trouble I'm sure Moka would be willing to accommodate ^.^[/quote]Yes that is true but not everyone has a den...

[quote="Simba"]hmmmmm.....I've never heard of that before. maybe a screengrab to give us more of an idea of what you're talking about would be nice?[/quote] I would be happy to...if i knew how ^_^"

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]You mean like on Facebook walls or in vBulletin, where you leave a comment on the user's profile itself?[/quote]Facebook...kinda...vBulletin=exactly!
Hasty decision makes for hasty action, hasty action means certian doom. I am a thinker.
Rathon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mike » May 13th, 2010, 12:36 am

Which is why the dens are a reward XD
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 13th, 2010, 12:37 am

LOL Mike good point. This would totally make dens worthless :lol:

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Simba » May 13th, 2010, 12:40 am

[quote="Rathon"]I would be happy to...if i knew how ^_^"[/quote]

there's a key on your keyboard, most likely with Prt Scr (print screen) on it. you just hit that button to capture an image of your computer screen at that moment, go to a graphic/photo program (Paint will do lol) and paste it.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby Rathon » May 13th, 2010, 12:40 am

Not really....if you keep it exclusive then people then people will still want one because that is just how humans are...(in my opinion) but a visitor message thing would be more for messages like "Hey how you doing?" "Good, you?" "I'm fine" "Thats good" -end- ....or something like that, nothing big like I'm guessing is in the dens (wouldn't know, never been there)
Rathon

Postby Mike » May 13th, 2010, 12:42 am

I didn't say that, and I don't think it's true either. We could have both and I think the dens would still get good use =)
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To