Notifications About Banned Users

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Notifications About Banned Users

Postby WildSimba » April 28th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Amadeus wasn't banned, he chose to leave on his own, and he came back anways. Most people who are banned don't bother to go near the RP's, and usually choose just to spam people. The few people who are banned, and are normal people usually have some form of contact with another member on this forum.

Besides, there's only been like... 5 bans on this forum the whole time it's been up, and each of them got out anyways within like a minute. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby YFWE » April 28th, 2010, 9:45 pm

The way I see it, it really hasn't been an issue before, and it probably will continue to be a non-issue. Everyone generally figures out if a member was banned or not eventually. No need for such a thing because it would pretty much toe the "wall of shame" line. Not very good PR for the forum when a new member comes in and sees that we publicly display our banned members for all to see. The place could come off as harsh and ban-happy when it really isn't.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Simba » April 28th, 2010, 10:22 pm

it's not a Wall of Shame guys. just a simple thread with a statement saying a member has been banned. it's not insulting. and because I have at several points been out for a week, I've lost track of what happens to certain members. there's been at least once when I figure out why a friend of mine on here hasn't been active when I finally catch word that they were banned (usually in reply to a post in a thread for that user as many others was also unaware).

if I was ever banned, as incredibly doubtful as that is to happen, I'd like others to know I was banned so they could rely on another site or method to keep up with me if they wanted to. afterall, not all of us use MSN or Skype. I for one don't generally give my IM information out because my parents don't want me chatting with people I don't actually know online (granted that's a limited time thing for me as I will be an adult sooner than I'd like). and I also have a horrible habit of changing e-mails frequently, which at least one member I know of on here also does.

besides guys, on every other forum I've been on banned members were moved to specific member group called Banned, Frozen, or something. it was there for you to see to know that the member was no longer able to reply to posts and PMs you might otherwise send them. this would be a great alternative, but I'm not sure how Moka has the whole ban thing set up.

if this suggestion is taken into consideration, the mods and admins could just edit their post to update the list when needed. that way it wouldn't return to the active topics, but members wishing to know whether or not someone they had RPs and etc. was banned and not just away from the site for awhile.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby thanigraphics » April 28th, 2010, 10:23 pm

I think the best thing to do is make a ban list, with not too much info, only the name of the banned member and the during of the period this member will be banned.
It'd be useful if someone owes a trade from a banned member, to prevent arguiments.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Simba » April 28th, 2010, 10:58 pm

[quote="thanigraphics"] It'd be useful if someone owes a trade from a banned member, to prevent arguiments.[/quote]

well, I actually do owe an art trade to a banned member. just luckily I'm on another FAA with her.

and a list with very little information was all that I was thinking of, TG :wink: no need to give the reason why or anything.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 28th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Simba and TG, good thinking ;)

WS: oops... I didn't mean to suggest that Amadeus has been banned, since I know he hasn't. I was just using him as an example, since in the event that he were to get banned, he probably wouldn't be very able to let us know. Sorry I didn't make that more clear :oops:

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Mike » April 29th, 2010, 4:49 pm

If a user is well known enough to be in quality RPs it will usually be very obvious that the person has been banned. Even if it's not obvious that they'd been banned, it <is> always obvious that the member is no longer around on the forums, and the RPs will either find replacement characters or die. It's the same with any other type of inactivity.

There are hundreds of ways to communicate with other people on the internet. MLK isn't the only way to contact someone, and if someone's banned from MLK there will <always> be another way to get into contact.

I'm still strongly convinced that this is a bad idea that will not be helpful in any way, and can only create problems.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 29th, 2010, 6:39 pm

True... aaaaaaaaand I just realized - since accounts are rarely actually deleted, you can always go to the user's profile and send em an email...

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 23rd, 2010, 1:01 am

This thread can be locked now. If anyone has anything more to add, they can pm the staff or myself.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To