Another mod...?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Another mod...?

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 25th, 2010, 2:19 pm

-.- you guys apparently don't know about that little thing we all like to call late morning/most of the afternoon. I've noticed that there are usually no mods on during that time. And many members are. And whether we like it or not, drama happens as well as other things. That's what the mods are for. I'm just suggesting to Moka that he appoint a mod who can be online during that (lengthy) period when a mod may be needed, but is not online.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Baya » April 25th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Well all ideas are open for discussion. You aren't the only person on MLK. Moka looks more at the opinions of the players then the actual suggestion itself to see whether it would be a good idea or not. We personally don't feel its a good idea. And no, mods are not for staying on 24/7 to look over a forum when they don't get paid. They have jobs, possibly kids, love lives and school just like you would.

Next time if you don't want people to comment on your suggestions, just pm Moka directly and let him tell you what we said instead.
Gone for good.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 25th, 2010, 2:56 pm

I never said I didn't want comments :P I'm just frustrated that you guys don't realize the huge time during the afternoon of most days when drama
goes on, but no mod is around to defuse it. And I'm not suggesting that the current staff take more time out of their lives because they already give plenty. I'm suggesting another mod who is already on during that time of day.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Baya » April 25th, 2010, 3:03 pm

But the point is if you report the drama, it'll be resolved later on anyways. If you go to the police and tell them something of yours was stolen they ain't going to get right on it lol. They have other cases and more important matters to attend to, just like the mods with their real lives. Also, if there is too many mods over too little players it sort of eliminates the balance.

Though that's just my two cents. Perhaps you are right, or perhaps I am but regardless this was a good suggestion.
Gone for good.
Baya

Pride Points: 12

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 25th, 2010, 3:07 pm

True we can always tell them later, but isn't it much better to have a mod there to handle it before it gets to an outrageous level?

And I don't think MLK is at very much of a risk of getting too many mods lol, unless they become tyrants.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Mike » April 25th, 2010, 6:41 pm

I think that hiring more staff in response to isolated incidents of drama like the one being described here is a short-sighted, knee-jerk reaction. A much better solution in the long term is to understand what caused the problem, and work to prevent it, rather than try to have an mod on 24/7 who's waiting to ban anyone that steps out of line. Basically I'm arguing for more responsibly posting while the staff might not be around for an instant intervention.

As to my personal activity, I've been away a lot more than usual unfortunately. A bit of end-of-year frantic-ness I guess lol. I'll be able to have the great times I love about MLK throughout the summer.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Panda-chan » April 25th, 2010, 6:49 pm

[quote="Mike"]I think that hiring more staff in response to isolated incidents of drama like the one being described here is a short-sighted, knee-jerk reaction. A much better solution in the long term is to understand what caused the problem, and work to prevent it, rather than try to have an mod on 24/7 who's waiting to ban anyone that steps out of line. Basically I'm arguing for more responsibly posting while the staff might not be around for an instant intervention.

As to my personal activity, I've been away a lot more than usual unfortunately. A bit of end-of-year frantic-ness I guess lol. I'll be able to have the great times I love about MLK throughout the summer.[/quote]
RIGHT ON! :D

And sno, who specifically is causing the drama, and why? If this is such a problem why aren't you reporting it to a mod? They could deal with it now if it's really that severe. :hmm:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby YFWE » April 25th, 2010, 6:51 pm

I don't have much else to add since what I would say has already been said multiple times, but...

[quote="FlipMode"]I wasn't even aware there has been any drama on here at all, today or otherwise.. how you wou;d manage to start 'drama' on a Lion King site is beyond me.
It's a good suggestion but think of it this way: does a mod really have to be on to deal with a rule break instantly? Does it really matter to you if someone recieves a warning a few hours after they have done something wrong?

My point is that: If there is not a member of staff online, there will be soon and whatever instance will be dealt with at that point. But I think right now, the staff count is just right for this level of activity, if things get a fair bit more busyer then i'd agree. Obvs it's not up to me, but that's my thoughts.[/quote]

I agree with you so, so much on most points.

And I think that, for what it's worth, the staff does a fine job in overseeing the place. If they don't get to something immediately, they will eventually; it's not like we have to wait a half a day before anything can be done (if anything really needs to be done).

And shoot, if there's no staff around, just don't cause drama. It's really not that hard.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 25th, 2010, 8:11 pm

I did report it lol. In several different ways. Mike was the first one to even touch the issue, well after it ended. (not Mike's fault)

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 23rd, 2010, 1:17 am

This thread can be locked now.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To