Another mod...?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Another mod...?

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 25th, 2010, 2:35 am

I noticed that there have been a lot of times lately when a mod is needed... Perhaps to handle drama or to approve RP's... And there have been none online. Any chance we could have another mod, who is usually online when the others are not? :innocent:

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Re: Another mod...?

Postby Panda-chan » April 25th, 2010, 3:19 am

Um... I don't see how this is necessary, and I think it's up to Moka to decide whether to promote someone as a mod or not. :/ Besides, there haven't been many issues lately and as I type this two members of the staff are already online. I think the current mods do a fairly good job as is.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 25th, 2010, 3:21 am

[quote="Amanda"]Um... I don't see how this is necessary, and I think it's up to Moka to decide whether to promote someone as a mod or not. :/ Besides, there haven't been many issues lately and as I type this two members of the staff are already online. I think the current mods do a fairly good job as is.[/quote]

but earlier today, it was a much different story. Mods usually aren't online during the middle of the day, and there was quite a bit of drama earlier :ehh2:

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby QueenRalexia » April 25th, 2010, 4:42 am

:lol: Most TRY not to get in drama some can't keep out :lol: JK JK
Do you bury me when Im gone?
Do you teach me while Im here?
Just as soon as I belong then its time I disappear -Metallica I disappear

ImageImage
Come visit my website about Vitani http://vitanis-palace.webs.com
Stamp and Sig by me.
QueenRalexia
Forsaken Lioness

To Hell and back again.

Nickname(s): QR, Ral,Lexi
Pride Points: 3

Postby WildSimba » April 25th, 2010, 5:07 am

I think it's best if we just trust the Staff to decide on who they'd like to look over the site.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 25th, 2010, 5:12 am

I wasn't trying to decide who :/ I was just suggesting that Moka appoint another staff member to watch over that time when staff are usually gone >.>

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby SimbasMate » April 25th, 2010, 12:16 pm

My opinion: There shouldn't be any drama, people should know how to stop it and not bring it, or start it on the forums. And KM is always online every night, and he does his job, so no need for another mod. Mods can't be on 24/7 to deal with people's crap. And as Amanda said, It's Moka's job to decide.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby FlipMode » April 25th, 2010, 1:25 pm

I wasn't even aware there has been any drama on here at all, today or otherwise.. how you wou;d manage to start 'drama' on a Lion King site is beyond me.
It's a good suggestion but think of it this way: does a mod really have to be on to deal with a rule break instantly? Does it really matter to you if someone recieves a warning a few hours after they have done something wrong?

My point is that: If there is not a member of staff online, there will be soon and whatever instance will be dealt with at that point. But I think right now, the staff count is just right for this level of activity, if things get a fair bit more busyer then i'd agree. Obvs it's not up to me, but that's my thoughts.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby NightyByeSparrow » April 25th, 2010, 1:50 pm

While I did notice the drama, it was yesterday and in the past , amirite
No matter how many mods you appoint, they won't be on all the time. Personally I think that the mods here do their job and there is no need for another mod. They see drama and they do their job within a good amount of time.
it also helps to be a good member and just not participate in drama threads.
NightyByeSparrow

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Postby Baya » April 25th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Well you have to be a big boy and walk away from the drama. There are 3 mods already (Mike, TS, and NM I believe), so I see no reason why we need more. Perhaps when the site has grown yes, but not for silly little things like this. It's kind of like highschool. If crap is going down and there are no teachers around afterschool, then just let the drama settle itself. If it doesn't then you wait for the next day and tell the teacher so it can stop.
Gone for good.
Baya

Pride Points: 12

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To