Planning Forum for the Arcade

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Planning Forum for the Arcade

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 15th, 2010, 5:46 pm

I was thinking... The fanfictions forum has an area for planning and discussions for fanfics which aren't fully developed. The RP forum also has such an area. Could we have the same thing for the Arcade, for games which aren't fully developed? That way, we could post a partially-developed idea for a game in there, and others could help turn that idea into a fully-developed game for all to play and enjoy :)

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Re: Planning Forum for the Arcade

Postby YFWE » April 15th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Unnecessary much? Just post the game and if it doesn't work, it dies. Pretty simple.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 15th, 2010, 7:06 pm

I was thinking for a case such as... Someone who has a good idea for a game, but needs some help finishing the concept. I didn't mean to require all games to go through planning first lol.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby YFWE » April 15th, 2010, 7:35 pm

You could probably just do that in the same board. Just make a disclaimer at the beginning saying, you know, "I don't really know where I want this to go yet, can someone help me before we start?" That, or just only post games that you have nailed down. They're just forum games, anyway. No need to make a board for planning them; they're not that important.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby KiarasMate » April 15th, 2010, 11:16 pm

I'll have to agree with YFWE here. ^^ The reason why the other two boards have those planning areas are because they do require a lot more thought and preparation, in order for them to be successful. While the forum games are fun and entertaining, we want to keep the main focus of MLK upon the bigger aspects of the forum that center more around TLK, so most people typically don't really take The Arcade area that seriously to begin with, so if a game doesn't work out, it's not really a huge loss in my eyes. ^^ Just my opinion though. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Panda-chan » April 16th, 2010, 3:08 am

*agrees with Letters and KM*
No one else has needed an Arcade planning forum much. If you need help turning your idea into a game, pm me or ask someone in the chatbox. No need to start a whole board for this, since you're apparently the only one who would find this particularly useful lol. :P
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Baya » April 16th, 2010, 5:20 am

I think it's really unnecessary to have an arcade planning forum considering you don't really need someone to help you come up with a simple forum game. For example:

The slap with reason game. Slap the user above you, and state why.

>_>

Wow, did I need an arcade planning forum to make that up on the spot?
Gone for good.
Baya

Pride Points: 12

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 16th, 2010, 10:22 am

[quote="Amadeus"]I think it's really unnecessary to have an arcade planning forum considering you don't really need someone to help you come up with a simple forum game. For example:

The slap with reason game. Slap the user above you, and state why.

>_>

Wow, did I need an arcade planning forum to make that up on the spot?[/quote]

You don't have to be so sarcastic about it >_> you could just make your point nicely, as the people who replied before you did. And you should.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby PrincessKiara » April 16th, 2010, 10:30 am

It’s a nice thought, but I don’t think a planning forum for the arcade is needed. Like the others said, it’s not the most important part of the forum. You just start a topic with a new game, and if you’re not sure how to delevop it, just ask everyone to post suggestions. When the game is fully planned out, you can edit the starting post so everyone knows how the game works. :smile2:
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 16th, 2010, 12:46 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"]It’s a nice thought, but I don’t think a planning forum for the arcade is needed. Like the others said, it’s not the most important part of the forum. You just start a topic with a new game, and if you’re not sure how to delevop it, just ask everyone to post suggestions. When the game is fully planned out, you can edit the starting post so everyone knows how the game works. :smile2:[/quote]

I guess that's the way to do it ^^

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Return to Feedback & How-To