"Help Me" forum

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

"Help Me" forum

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 14th, 2010, 4:56 am

I know there is already a forum for people who need help with MLK itself, but I think it would be a good idea to have a forum, possibly in the den, where people can post a thread asking for help with an issue not related to the forum - such as "my friend did such-and-such-a-thing, any suggestions?" or stuff like that. I think it would be very helpful, especially since we've got such a nice, generous community here.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Re: "Help Me" forum

Postby YFWE » April 14th, 2010, 5:08 am

I think Member Announcements works just fine for that for the time being. We don't really need another board to further clutter up the place in my opinion.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby KiarasMate » April 14th, 2010, 5:14 am

I personally feel as though those types of matters are better left off MLK to begin with, but that's just my opinion. I realize that it's sometimes helpful to get other people's feedback when it comes to personal issues, but seeing some of the topics and material that has arisen in the past here on MLK, I would have to vote against this. I already think that The Member Announcements board is already being used for things that it probably wasn't intended for to begin with, seeing as in my view, it should only be used for announcements that effect a member's status or activity on the forum itself, and not every little conflict that comes up in everyday life for each and every member. Again, not trying to point the paw at anyone here, but just voicing my opinions on the matter is all. ^^ If people feel the need to get advice with their personal situations, I'd suggest using an instant messaging service instead and leaving MLK free from potential drama. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby YFWE » April 14th, 2010, 5:37 am

I agree there too, KM; the Member Announcement board HAS gotten a little overrun with pointless topics that you could carry out elsewhere (as in, off the forum elsewhere). I'm not going to sit here behind my keyboard and tell people where and what they can and can't post, though, but I would like the Announcements section to be a little more for Announcements.

That certainly won't stop some members from still wanting to do it, though... and I guess if a new board was made, I'd think disabling post counts might be a grand idea.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby KiarasMate » April 14th, 2010, 6:46 am

I believe that Moka had/still has a plan to deal with that issue, although I'm not for certain about it anymore. lol. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Moka » April 14th, 2010, 7:30 am

We've been thinking about it and we're aware of how Member Announcements and the other forums are being used, and how they're disorganized, even cluttered. We're going to do something about it soon, trust me =) I agree though. The best help anyone can get is from 1 to 1 contact with someone by phone or IM, not a large public discussion on a forum.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby thanigraphics » April 16th, 2010, 1:25 pm

Ok, good idea Moka :) a "personal issues counselling topic" might help? When you have a hard time or have a problem in real life that's bothering you, you can get advice from members, since the internet is a bit more anonymous then telling real life friends about things you're for example ashamed of, but you want to share your problem. I'm at a Dutch forum that's about any stuff, and there we have a special forum for "personal problems and solutions" that might be an option?
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 16th, 2010, 1:59 pm

[quote="thanigraphics"]Ok, good idea Moka :) a "personal issues counselling topic" might help? When you have a hard time or have a problem in real life that's bothering you, you can get advice from members, since the internet is a bit more anonymous then telling real life friends about things you're for example ashamed of, but you want to share your problem. I'm at a Dutch forum that's about any stuff, and there we have a special forum for "personal problems and solutions" that might be an option?[/quote]

Exactly the type of thing I am suggesting ;)

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby SimbasMate » April 16th, 2010, 2:50 pm

I actually already suggested this. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5261
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 16th, 2010, 3:22 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"]I actually already suggested this. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5261[/quote]

So you did. Wonder why it wasn't picked up :/

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To