RP or just general section suggestion

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

RP or just general section suggestion

Postby Ushujaa » January 15th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Forgive me if somone has already posted somthing about this but,

I just thought, there should be like a section for Tutorial's
It could have subsections for fan art, RPing, or Animationfan... for all you AMV makers,
The only problem i could see with this, would be that you would need people to actually write some tutorial's, although i have seen some art tutorials out there it would be harder i think for someone to write one for somthing like animation...
Still i think with the generous people we have on the fourm it shouldn't be that far out of reach... 8-)

Just a thought, and again sorry if somone posted about this, or if there already is a tutorial section and i just can't seem to find it :lol:
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Re: RP or just general section suggestion

Postby KiarasMate » January 15th, 2010, 12:37 pm

As far as I know, there are a few tutorials floating around here on MLK in various sections of the forum, that relate to RPing, Graphics Creation and so on, but they aren't gathered together in one specific area of the forum. I know the RP guide, found in The Sandbox pretty much belongs there, and I know TS has a tutorial out there for making graphics, but not quite sure where that one was located directly, but yeah, this could be a nice addition to the forum but would take a lot of work. ^^ As far as AMV making tutorials, you're better off searching on YouTube for that sort of thing though. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby CheetahCat » January 15th, 2010, 6:23 pm

There are a few tutorials on different subjects that may help you on what you're trying to achieve. KM is pretty much right though, you can find the RP Guide in the Sandboxarea and when it comes to graphical making, like avatars and such, I've made a basic tutorial here on MLK. You can find that in the Graphics Section. ^^

This sounds like a nice addition too. I'm not sure if it'll be added though. :) With AMV Making, Paint Shop Pro Tutorials/Photoshop, you can find nice tutorials of them on YouTube. They have a nice selection. ^^

I hope this helps. :)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby Mike » January 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Maybe we could pin the guides in other forums, the RP one being pretty much set up :P
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Ushujaa » January 15th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Yeah i didn;t even see the RP one when i went looking for it, its an awesome guide btw. but pinning "good" tutorials and making them easier to find would be awesome... but the RP one was right in front of my face i'm just to dumb to find it :( :lol:

Ushujaa
Dreamer

Postby Mike » January 15th, 2010, 7:10 pm

^.^ Got any suggestions on how to make it more obvious? Maybe if you really couldn't see it a guide forum would be useful after all.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Ushujaa » January 15th, 2010, 7:19 pm

well its not that i couldnt see it it's that i was looking for the word tutorial and it was under the word guide or somthing along the lines of that,

But maybe just pinning the ones that the admins and mods deem good enough to be pinned,
so that they stay at the top of the page, or a subfourm within each topic that would have a tutorial in it...
ones that are
1. easy to understand...
2. the end out come on MOST cases is good
3. Is on the topic it says its on...
4. the mod may want to try it themself to make sure that its an easy and fun to do guide

Ushujaa
Dreamer

Postby Simba » January 15th, 2010, 7:38 pm

I'd venture adding a list of good tutorial links in the RP Guide, or making a sticky/pinned topic that has the list of links would work well.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby Ushujaa » January 15th, 2010, 7:43 pm

Not a bad idea Simba, i like that alot actually...

Ushujaa
Dreamer

Return to Feedback & How-To