About the Award-system..

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Would You Like To See This Implemented?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes : 21

Re: About the Award-system..

Postby KiarasMate » January 3rd, 2010, 1:00 am

That does hold a bit of truth to it, although in all honesty, my choices for the members I have nominated for each of the awards, was purely out of the fact that I did feel that they were, in fact, the best of the best, and not just because they were my friends, which in some cases, isn't even true as I hardly do know YFWE and Moka as individuals, yet I know a great deal about their writing skills. ^^ Anyways, I would hope that people would have voted for me for the same reason, rather than me just being a friend of theirs, there for, winning a nomination from them, but yes, it is partially a popularity contest in a way. That just can't be helped though cause there is no true way of knowing why people exactly voted for who they did. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby daantje » January 3rd, 2010, 1:06 am

well a fight?
ImageImageImage
daantje

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

kiara ^-^

Pride Points: 0

Postby DarkLiger » January 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am

Well the voting system is always going to be flawed. There are those that vote because of popularity and others who vote because they think they deserve it.
If we did the suggestion of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd then those 3 who placed wouldn't get to participate according to the rules. Personally, if I was to get even 2nd or 3rd I would want to try again, but wouldn't. Now if those rules changed, then that means the person that got 1st could have another chance at getting it again, which wouldn't be fair to everyone else.
If we stick with the system being used, that person such as KM can't be nominated again for another year. And if people did vote for KM or anyone else because of popularity, maybe now they will choose someone based on their skill instead of popularity.
Image<-Made by SimbaImage<- Made by TeenSimba
Image<-Made by Simba
Image<- Made by TeenSimba
DarkLiger

Postby thanigraphics » January 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am

@ daantje: it's called a discussion :D
@ KM: indeed it feels the best when people vote for your qualities, which I'm sure the readers of all the nominated fanfics voted for. I can ensure you, Thani did vote for my story because he was, like he told me, was intruiged by the psychological depth and knowledge from real life I have been using in it.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby DarkLiger » January 3rd, 2010, 1:20 am

From what I am hearing from you Thanigraphics you seem to want people to vote based on the quality. Now I don't want to sound like a bad guy or anything, but even if we did the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, people will still base their decisions on what they decide. Whether its based on quality or popularity. It's not the system that's flawed, it's the one voting.
Image<-Made by Simba
DarkLiger

Postby thanigraphics » January 3rd, 2010, 1:23 am

[quote="DarkLiger"]From what I am hearing from you Thanigraphics you seem to want people to vote based on the quality. Now I don't want to sound like a bad guy or anything, but even if we did the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, people will still base their decisions on what they decide. Whether its based on quality or popularity. It's not the system that's flawed, it's the one voting.[/quote]
What I meant was that I prefer people voting for quality, and you're right about this matter. But I wrote that down to state that Thani didn't vote for me because or relationship, but because of my writing ;)
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby DarkLiger » January 3rd, 2010, 1:25 am

Ok then. ^^
Let's then try and move back to the topic of whether or not people think the system for the awards should be changed.
Image<-Made by Simba
DarkLiger

Postby KingKivuli » January 3rd, 2010, 1:27 am

while i appreciate the concern i must vote no i believe the system is fine as it is
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Dutch » January 3rd, 2010, 1:32 am

I think it's fine as it is but I wouldn't object to it being changed or be bothered by it. Either way the same person could win so that's not an issue for me.
Dutch

I'm Rockandi

Postby Thani » January 3rd, 2010, 1:34 am

[quote="DarkLiger"]From what I am hearing from you Thanigraphics you seem to want people to vote based on the quality. Now I don't want to sound like a bad guy or anything, but even if we did the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, people will still base their decisions on what they decide. Whether its based on quality or popularity. It's not the system that's flawed, it's the one voting.[/quote]

May be so DL. But no matter who, what, or how people vote, there is always gonna be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd runner up. All I long for is showing these results in public, and grand them their prize stimulating to continuing to post entries in the future. I like to point out that merely one prize only for the best of the best is NOT stimulating for me personally. I know I am not one of the very best at all, and that is why I ask for a broadened system.
And perhaps not everybody actually writes or draws, etc. But many will come along and visit, and all I ask for is to make the whole more attractive for people to actually join the MLK in the end.
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To