About the Award-system..

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Would You Like To See This Implemented?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes : 21

About the Award-system..

Postby Thani » January 2nd, 2010, 11:33 pm

Hello all,

As I looked at the Award-system, I came to the conclusion it is incomplete in it's current form. (Atleast to my personal opinion it is.)
What I would like to see implemented, is a system that calls for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. First place being granted to Expert/Pro level worthy entries, and Second place being granted to Moderate/Medium levels. And Third place for Beginners level entries.

So atleast in that way more people get their share of glory, and the way I see it, it wouldn't harm MLK at all doing so. Because, right now, only the best of the best get their glory, but undeniably it makes other people feel left standing in the dark. Ofcourse same would happen if you didn't manage to make it to 3rd place, but atleast there would be more chances of winning something in your own catagory level.

So what do you think about it? Please vote in the poll, and if you wish, feel free to leave a comment.
PS: I am really surprised this seemingly wasn't suggested before, from as far as I could tell browsing the forums....
Thank you for your attention all. :)
Lifes for tax, and taxed for life.. We're just a cog in the machine, a number in a scheme.
Welcome to planet Earth...
Thani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Do good stuff, keep going, and you'll know luck!

Location: Purmerend city, North-Holland, the Netherlands, Europe.
Nickname(s): Thani
Pride Points: 0

Re: About the Award-system..

Postby thanigraphics » January 2nd, 2010, 11:39 pm

That's a very good idea, and kind towards the ones who join contests. It enlarges their chances for winning, even if it's 2nd or 3rd place :) On TLKFAA they have the same system (place 1-10)

I have a plan for myself to start a certain art contest at the end of this week, and I'll use your idea and give the 3 artists that get the most votes a winner bar :D
Thanks for sharing your useful feedback, I'm sure using it! :)
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby KiarasMate » January 3rd, 2010, 12:08 am

Hmm, not to sound argumentative or anything, but that's sort of the whole point of the MLk Awards. It is, to highlight the best of the best, but shouldn't make anyone feel obsolete, as they are just stupid little awards in the first place. Just because you don't win at first, doesn't make you any less of a member and doesn't take anything away from your skills in the given field to which the award is being given. The system is set up so that as many members here on MLK, will eventually receive an award in each category they actively participate in and is also intended to help motivate and improve members contributions to MLK, or so that's how I see it anyways. I don't think the ssystem is flawed at all and I'm not saying that just because I've won the first two awards either, cause anyone who knows me, knows that I'm very modest and these awards are the least of my worries,not as if I don't appreciate the notion that a lot of people think highly of my work, but it's just a matter of opinion is all. Just cause I got an award, doesn't mean I'm the best. I most certainly know that and I would hope everyone else would too. It's just a title and nothing more. lol.

I know you andThanigraphics are close Thani, and it probably sucks that she lost this months award, but it was a VERY close race and she's bound to win the award when it rolls around again. You just seem very vocal in regards to this matter after this months poll, which just seems a bit questionable, seeing as you didn't have any qualms with the system prior to this event. Again, I'm not trying to throw fuel on the fire, just saying is all. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby KingKivuli » January 3rd, 2010, 12:12 am

KM is right. Its just another activity, and if it brings out a little friendly competition that just makes it more fun!! I am however going to organise a system for the RP months as there are 3 clear tiers for that. thanks for voicing your concerns though
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby DarkLiger » January 3rd, 2010, 12:25 am

As much as I love 1st, 2nd, and 3rd so that more people can win, I liked the idea of just the best of the best like KM had said. I think it makes it more of a competition as well when there is only 1 winner, so that will make people try hard for the next go around of awards. And if I am not mistaken (and KK can correct me on this) a winner can't win in that same category again for a certain time.
Image<-Made by SimbaImage<- Made by TeenSimba
Image<-Made by Simba
Image<- Made by TeenSimba
DarkLiger

Pride Points: 0

Postby KingKivuli » January 3rd, 2010, 12:40 am

DL is right. KM has won 2 awards so far therefore he can not in the same awards the next two times. basically he has to wait a year before he has a chance
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby KiarasMate » January 3rd, 2010, 12:42 am

Exactly DL. ^^ that's how the system is set up just so people don't keep winning the same award over and over again. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Dutch » January 3rd, 2010, 12:47 am

[quote="Thani"]Because, right now, only the best of the best get their glory[/quote]

But that's what makes it so special.
Dutch

I'm Rockandi

Postby KingKivuli » January 3rd, 2010, 12:54 am

you cant say it picking the best cause the best is different for everyone. while km won the last voting thanigraphics was only 2 votes behind. its more vote fr your fav than the best
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby thanigraphics » January 3rd, 2010, 12:58 am

good to see there's some discussion about the matter. Feel free to give your opinions about it, I'd say.
Personally I am going to use Thani's system of a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
@ KM: I understand what you think, but don't be afraid about Thani, he didn't vote for me because we are a love couple, he voted for me because he loved my story the most. (which doesn't mean your story ain't very good as well, since we were both at the 1st place ;))
But he is giving a suggestion for the awards, let's focus on that matter in the first place!
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To