Not seeing gifs/posted images

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Not seeing gifs/posted images

Postby Tsuki » June 16th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Take it I'm not the only one not able to see recently posted Gifs and pictures?
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Re: Not seeing gifs/posted images

Postby KingCub » June 17th, 2014, 12:45 am

Sadly your not. Only certain Avatars, no attachments, and some siggys show up for me. Clicking on them does not do anything either :(
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Timon the great » June 17th, 2014, 1:32 am

As far as I remember when accessing the forum on my PC, this has never happened. But this problem has been happening on my phone since today, too and even right now. It's on certain/random images on each part of the forum that you visit (even on member's sigs).
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby DGFone » June 17th, 2014, 3:07 am

Same here. I know my signature had expires, so I changed it. But suddenly, and really at the same time (and I mean the same day, if not the same moment), a whole lot of user's avatars and signatures stopped working. Seems like some file types stopped being supported.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby DGFone » June 17th, 2014, 5:21 am

LOL! NOW EVERYTHING BROKE! MLK Cracks me up!

Where is that crazy Ed emocion?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Timon the great » June 17th, 2014, 5:41 am

^I guess you know who forgot to pay the hosting bills for his beau-ti-ful LK forum. Image
I just hope the forum won't go offline at all while this problem remains.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Postby DGFone » June 17th, 2014, 5:47 am

I don't think it's a billing problem. Moka already hosted an advertisement on the main page when he needed a bit extra for MLK to keep going (as well as asking for donations). I think it's the hosting company is either failing at updating their software, or they are failing at maintaining it. Either way, I don't think Moka is at fault, at least not directly. However, he was online very recently, so perhaps that might have something to do with it.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Timon the great » June 17th, 2014, 6:08 am

Might definitely be so. If the problem is escalating now (now I can't see any member's avatar show up Image) and its happening with all of the "local" images stored on this forum (not the ones that are linked outside of this forum like on member's sigs), then it's gotta be a hosting company/server issue. Although I can still see that my Timon and Ma sig image is still downloading when I browse the forum (which is actually stored on here too).

'Looks like I'm getting a "crash course" on this since I started taking my first computer networking course in college for this summer a few weeks ago.

Timon L. Berkowitz

Postby Timon8 » June 17th, 2014, 7:00 am

I have the same problem as Timon the Great. I can't see profile pictures (only the gifs) and I can't see Timon the great's ''User of the month'' banner.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby Tsuki » June 17th, 2014, 1:44 pm

Think mines fixed now. YAY!
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To