Quick note about Pride Points

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Quick note about Pride Points

Postby FlipMode » June 12th, 2014, 11:12 pm

I was just thinking that the rule of needing to have five pride points in order to be able to give or take away them yourself could be removed now?
I think it confuses new members (actually I know it does, there have been plenty of times where new members have joined and asked why they can't + or - a post).
Yes people misused it in the past but that was when Pride Points had just come out and there was some bad blood on the forum at the time so people used it for mischief but really who cares about that sort of stuff any more. It's just a kibosh if you're going to seriously join JUST to leave a nasty minus comment on someone's profile.

And one other thing: maybe if we do keep the 5 points needed thing, there should be a way for new members to be able to earn points a little quicker. Because, here's the thing. Not going to lie, I have quite a few points on my profile (sounds like I'm being watch by the CIA or something). But a part of that is because I was still very active when Pride points were new and people were just dishing them out, left, right, centre and Diagon Alley.
Nowadays people read a good post and reply to it which is all well and good but I reckon a lot of people pure and simple forget to leave a pride point or maybe don't have the time or whatever the case may be. It's hard enough as an active long time member to get five points these days, let alone a new member who nobody knows yet. Wouldn't ya say?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Quick note about Pride Points

Postby juhouh » June 12th, 2014, 11:21 pm

5 quite high I agree, maybe 1 or 2 but the limit shouldn't be removed completely. I know a person who'd definitely go minus-rampage if this happened
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby FlipMode » June 12th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Well even then there's a limit on how money you can add or take away within 24 hours isn't there?
It's not like we don't have a team of active staff ready to deal with any potential trolling anyway... oh.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby juhouh » June 12th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Or just disable the ability to decrease ones PPs then I'm fine with that. This is the first forum I've ever seen where you're able to take away someones karma
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby electricocomics » June 14th, 2014, 3:21 pm

I do want to also share the tought that it might help to have begginers know easier what pride points are. I didn't have any sort of idea what they were up until now.
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Nickname(s): electricocomics
Pride Points: 1

Postby Adofo » August 24th, 2014, 3:00 am

I didn't even know they existed until I got one. I wish I could give others that deserve them though.
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby it means no worries » August 24th, 2014, 5:27 pm

^we both just need one more do that!
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Return to Feedback & How-To