Is it unsual...?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Is it unsual...?

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 1st, 2014, 5:40 am

I've recently made a topic I felt was important, but have gotten no replies. Do we have to wait here for a long time sometimes to get responses, or would this just be because the post I was making was bad? I don't want to make any more bad topics, but my failure to get any replies after over 6 hours doesn't seem like a good sign.

Just thought I'd put it here.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Is it unsual...?

Postby DGFone » April 1st, 2014, 7:54 am

The title of this post is just too tempting...

As to actually answer the question, it's really rather simple: If no one has anything to say, then there will be no replies. It doesn't matter how important you think the topic is or why, but if no one has anything to say, then no one has anything say and that's that.

As the song says: It's not unusual.

Maybe in the future someone will reply. Maybe not. If you think the topic is really that important, then waiting more than six hours shouldn't be a big deal. I think I know which topic you are referring too, and no, I don't know what to say right now, but I can say that if you want to avoid creating pointless topics/posts, then a topic like this one is not a good example. After all, it's little more than begging for replies. They will come when they will come.

But hey, at least I got to post a heck of a catchy song. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » April 1st, 2014, 12:52 pm

IT'S NOT UNUSUAL TO BE LOVED BY ANYONE!... Lyrics.

Ummmm well there's a few reasons why it may have got no replies. Either 1) nobody has any screencaps to post (I reckon this is the case). 2) people think you're a bit of a fool due to you having a bad history here and minus a million pride points or 3) people are busy.
I mean MLK is just pretty quiet these days, The Den and Member HQ are our most active forums and even they are pretty quiet nowadays. I don't even sign in as much anymore and I used to be glued to MLK that I might as well have been written into its coding (some kind of joke there I'm sure).

Go outside and play. If I made a thread in the TLK sections I probably wouldn't expect many replies within the week, let alone a few hours.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 1st, 2014, 7:29 pm

No, that wasn't the thread I was talking about. I was talking about the one I made in the "personal issues" section---except, I've gotten responses now! :)
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Timon the great » April 3rd, 2014, 8:30 am

^Keep in mind that even if you don't get any replies up-front, that doesn't mean no one is looking at what you say, especially in the Lion King/The Kingdom sections. That even includes the world (guests) who roam this forum constantly and can definitely look at the topics in there anytime. That's why it's good to see that there is a view counter displayed to every single topic on this forum.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » April 25th, 2014, 12:02 am

Yeah. Sometimes I make topics and get no replies also.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Return to Feedback & How-To