TLK Fan of the Month?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: TLK Fan of the Month?

Postby Carl » December 25th, 2013, 8:20 pm

I agree with Flip and Timon the Great and DGF.

I mean, we already had a spam of pointless topics in the TLK sections just recently after the cleanup without offering an award for activity, and I assume that a requirement for the award would be thought-out posts, not random tiny spam posts. I mean we can all tell the difference between "I think Simba did this because <lots of reasons and explanations of opinions>" and "I hate Mufasa cos he's mean >C." I mean... it's kind of obvious who thought about what they posted and who didn't, and that kind of spam will appear from time to time regardless of any awards.

This one seems like it would be good. I mean, there are the fan fiction and fan art and the on topic RP sections as well as the movie specific discussions that are all TLK, and loads of people post actively in those TLK related boards, so I don't think it will be exclusive at all. I mean we have the typical crowd in the Kingdom, but we also have a bigger crowd in the Fandom. It only excludes people who never post about TLK. That isn't really many people considering we're all here for being fans of the movie(/s).

It's also good for those who aren't ardent Den posters because they can get an award for what they do now without having to be extremely well known and overly kind and whatnot. I love the Den, and do mostly post there, but posting in all sections from time to time really shows me there are important and great members all over the board, but usually it's just the Den crowd who get MoTM, and understandably so.

I see absolutely no reason why this should be a failure or why it won't work or anything like that. I think it's a great idea.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » January 19th, 2014, 8:35 pm

I am glad that people think that this contest is a good idea!

Now that I am back with my personal computer, I will be able to start this month! I am hoping that I will be able to start it today or tomorrow.

With relation to this post I made: viewtopic.php?f=16&p=1035545#p1035545

I want to run the contest this way: Have a subsection specifically for the contest under "The Kingdom" at the bottom that will be the contest itself. As I posted above, I will have all the nomination and other logistical posts there, and then I would like to post the winners in the Award Ceremonies section as well. If I can get changes to the forum like this, I will be able to start at once!

If not, I will need to think of something else. I will gladly work with the mods to get this up and running as soon as possible.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Timon the great » January 20th, 2014, 9:11 am

^'Glad you're still following through with this, now that you're back from your forever winter break. Image

But I do hope everything turns out as planned based on what you wrote above. I'm liking the idea itself even more now than before, when you started this topic.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby DGFone » January 20th, 2014, 9:33 pm

[quote="Timon the great"]^'Glad you're still following through with this, now that you're back from your forever winter break. Image

But I do hope everything turns out as planned based on what you wrote above. I'm liking the idea itself even more now than before, when you started this topic.[/quote]

If KK will allow it. Currently he seems quite hostile at any of my ideas.

Looks like this contest will be up and running soon! :D
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To