increase in pm storage?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

increase in pm storage?

Postby FlipMode » December 16th, 2013, 11:28 am

Just wandered if it was possible to have a little more storage space for PM? You can only have 350 maximum which is fine but when you've been here a year or more that space gets filed.
And yeah you could delete them but ( and this might just be me) sometimes I like to keep them for records and nostalgia :) I'm having to go through and delete old ones to receive new ones but I don't really want to have to do that.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: increase in pm storage?

Postby KingKivuli » December 16th, 2013, 12:10 pm

It is another thing to bug Moka over, but do you really need it? I get what you saying with the whole nostalgia thing, but before you saw those old messages did you even remember them? XD
Heck I did a clear out recently and my oldest PM goes back to the end of 2009.... what use is that? X3
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby FlipMode » December 16th, 2013, 12:16 pm

Well if nothing else, more space is better than less. Depends how much work on his behalf it would require.
If it's literally just changing the number then yeah but if it's any more complicated then never mind.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tsuki » December 16th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me if it's simple enough to do.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Regulus » December 16th, 2013, 4:09 pm

There's an option in the control panel somewhere, which deletes old PM's when you receive new ones if your inbox is full.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby WildSimba » December 16th, 2013, 8:06 pm

^ point is when you've been here for years you don't want some of your old pms to be deleted. I agree with this idea.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » December 17th, 2013, 1:25 am

[quote="WildSimba"]^ point is when you've been here for years you don't want some of your old pms to be deleted. I agree with this idea.[/quote]

Boom! WS gets it. This doesn't apply to newer (year or maybe two) members but those with a few years or four of membership have had to delete PMs to the point where we have to actually consider which ones to delete because they have more...
I mean it's a bit like having to delete photos off your phone when it's full. You don't just delete that but it feels like deleting the memory of that specific moment, it's just nice to have things to look back at and think "Ahhhhhhh good times."
FlipMode

Postby Regulus » December 17th, 2013, 2:20 am

I know. I've had to delete some of my older PMs at least 3 times since I've been here. I just never cared that much.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » December 17th, 2013, 6:25 am

I've deleted my older PMs before, and I have to say that it's not the nicest of feelings. I look at what I delete, and 99% is something I don't bat an eye at when I mark it for removal. It's the other 1% that make me stop and think if I really want to delete them or not, although most often it's that the PM will bring back memories of good and bad. Usually good, but it's almost always related to a member that no longer goes on MLK that even seeing the PM brings a powerful nostalgia wave over.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » December 17th, 2013, 6:53 am

That's my problem with deleting my PM's. I've been here nearly 5 years. There's many of people at the bottom of my PM's that haven't been on the forums for a while but were good friends and sometimes it brings back nostalgia to look back at them.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To