Can we get a new forum style/theme?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Can we get a new forum style/theme?

Postby Ananda » November 28th, 2013, 2:28 pm

We only have two, currently. Can we get a new one please?
Ananda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Can we get a new forum style/theme?

Postby juhouh » November 28th, 2013, 3:02 pm

I think subsilver2 would be great!
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby SimbasMate » November 28th, 2013, 3:57 pm

^ MLK Classic is based off of subsilver2. The current one is based off of prosilver. And I don't really think we need a new theme. It takes a while to make them, and I don't know how busy Moka is anyway. The two are fine. That's just my two cents.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Regulus » November 28th, 2013, 7:04 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"]^ MLK Classic is based off of subsilver2. The current one is based off of prosilver. And I don't really think we need a new theme. It takes a while to make them, and I don't know how busy Moka is anyway. The two are fine. That's just my two cents.[/quote]

Agreed.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby WildSimba » December 5th, 2013, 10:48 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"]^ MLK Classic is based off of subsilver2. The current one is based off of prosilver. And I don't really think we need a new theme. It takes a while to make them, and I don't know how busy Moka is anyway. The two are fine. That's just my two cents.[/quote]

I agree, it's a lot of work and both Moka and KK are very busy people. Plus you've got to figure that the themes there already are the themes that a lot of us have been used to looking at for 5-6 years. It'd be weird if they just changed them all now. Moka set out to make the theme as simple and uncluttered looking as possible and I think he achieved that very well.

If they ever want to make a new theme, that's fine, but I don't think that's something they should feel they HAVE to do.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Keina » December 6th, 2013, 4:35 pm

his style is fine I do not think I need another.
Keina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Meskhenet » December 7th, 2013, 9:43 pm

I feel pretty comfortable with the themes we have now. It would be nice to have new themes, but I think it would be slightly unnecessary.

Since we are on the topic regarding themes and since I feel that it is unnecessary to make a topic regarding a question that could possibly be answered here I was wondering: Why don't we have a Thanksgiving theme? :? I find it weird that we have a Halloween and a Christmas theme but not Thanksgiving. I understand that Moka and KingKivuli are busy and everything and that it would be weird to have new themes since everyone including myself feel comfortable with the themes, but I think it would be nice to get into the Thanksgiving spirit with a My Lion King Thanksgiving theme. :innocent:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby juhouh » December 7th, 2013, 9:49 pm

^ It could be because it is only celebrated in the United States and Canada. Not an international holiday
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Meskhenet » December 7th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Oh, well that makes sense. :P Thank you for explaining Juho! :D I wasn't aware that Thanksgiving was an American and Canadian holiday. :/
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby DGFone » December 7th, 2013, 10:48 pm

[quote="Zulama"]Oh, well that makes sense. :P Thank you for explaining Juho! :D I wasn't aware that Thanksgiving was an American and Canadian holiday. :/[/quote]

And Grenada too, but for a different reason. Doesn't make it a big enough holiday though, to celebrate on MLK with its own theme and all that.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To