A small thing I happened to notice

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

A small thing I happened to notice

Postby Woeler » November 17th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Just a small thing I think might be handy.

I was looking at my own profile and saw the field ''msn/wlm'', but the plug has been pulled months ago on these two services. Wouldn't it be useful to replace this field with Skype of Gtalk?

Dunno what you all think about it. (of course it should be invisible to nonmembers). It seems pretty handy to me as many members use Skype for communication anyways.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Re: A small thing I happened to notice

Postby Regulus » November 17th, 2013, 8:43 pm

I noticed this a long time ago. If I remember correctly, MSN/WLM was actually integrated into Skype. Or something like that.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Woeler » November 17th, 2013, 8:55 pm

[quote="Regulus"]I noticed this a long time ago. If I remember correctly, MSN/WLM was actually integrated into Skype. Or something like that.[/quote]
For those that used a microsoft account to sing into skype, yeah. But it's still skype :S
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby FlipMode » November 17th, 2013, 8:57 pm

[quote="Regulus"]I noticed this a long time ago. If I remember correctly, MSN/WLM was actually integrated into Skype. Or something like that.[/quote]

Micrsoft bought Skype and so Skype replaced MSN / WLM messenger. But yes Woeler is right, they really have no purpose being on our profiles anymore. :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to Feedback & How-To