Chat Topics & The Chatroom

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Chat Topics & The Chatroom

Postby Simbaholikov » June 19th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Heya, I was just thinking that the chat topics that people make in the Member HQ are needless and border-lining spamming really, also these topics take away pretty much all activity in the chatroom, which is whut the chatroom is actually designed for, chat.

Also I think a lot of members don't even know the chatroom exists because the button is so small and hidden away from view, I suggest it get moved to somewhere where it'll be seen, or perhaps have the chat itself showing along the bottom of the forum like it used to a long time ago: http://web.archive.org/web/200904150329 ... com/forum/

Thoughts? :)
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Chat Topics & The Chatroom

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 19th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Agreed with this tbh. The chatroom is completely deserted now... It used to be really active a few years ago. This could help attract more people to it.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tora » June 19th, 2012, 4:46 pm

I have to disagree. I like the chat threads a lot better. I feel as if I can take my time and properly write what I am saying. When everyone is in a chatroom there are tons of conversations going on, and they become confusing to read. On top of that grammar is a nightmare in chat rooms. It isn't like there are a ton of chat threads anyway; half of them a dead.
Last edited by Tora on June 19th, 2012, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby FlipMode » June 19th, 2012, 4:53 pm

[quote="Tora"]I have to disagree. When everyone is in a coatroom[/quote] [quote]On top of that grammar is a nightmare[/quote]

Reah?
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Simbaholikov » June 19th, 2012, 4:55 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="Tora"]I have to disagree. When everyone is in a coatroom[/quote] [quote]On top of that grammar is a nightmare[/quote]

Reah?[/quote]

LOL I noticed that too, my thoughts exactly. :nehneh:
Simbaholikov

Postby Tora » June 19th, 2012, 4:59 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="Tora"]I have to disagree. When everyone is in a coatroom[/quote] [quote]On top of that grammar is a nightmare[/quote]

Reah?[/quote]
[quote="Simbaholic"][quote="FlipMode"][quote="Tora"]I have to disagree. When everyone is in a coatroom[/quote] [quote]On top of that grammar is a nightmare[/quote]

Reah?[/quote]

LOL I noticed that too, my thoughts exactly. :nehneh:[/quote]

What are you guys even talking about?

Edit: Really guys did you type that over a typo?
Last edited by Tora on June 19th, 2012, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Woeler » June 19th, 2012, 5:00 pm

I agree. The chatbox is always almost empty. This will bring more people to the chatroom. Oh and we definitely need a button on TOP of the forum page. not hidden in the most down-right corner of the screen. Took me like a month and then I was like: OMGZ THERE IS A CHATROOM?
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby MrTitans » June 19th, 2012, 5:01 pm

[quote="Woeler1"]I agree. The chatbox is always almost empty. This will bring more people to the chatroom. Oh and we definitely need a button on TOP of the forum page. not hidden in the most down-right corner of the screen. Took me like a month and then I was like: OMGZ THERE IS A CHATROOM?[/quote]

I did the same thing i did not know there was a chat room :lol:

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby FlipMode » June 19th, 2012, 5:13 pm

[quote]
Edit: Really guys did you type that over a typo?[/quote]

Sure did, I thought it was quite funny... Well it was funny to us and that's all that matters really isn't it? :]

Anyway, time for an actual reply
SH: I don't get your first point; The den is much more spam ridden than the MHQ is. And even so; what are you suggesting we do about all the spam threads?

I do like the look and idea of the chatroom on the bottom of the page like that, if it was only the main index page though! And it could help to make people actually post in the TLK sections again since there will be less to pointlessly post in the OT areas.

BUT OHHHHH NOOOOO HOW WILL I EVER SLEEP NOT KNOWING WHAT TIME YOU WOKE UP SH?! (Not implied swearing), or Kops: how will we ever be able to find out what the last thing she ate was?! Or what Arani's favourite colour is?! These are all important subjects that must be kept intact; are you TRYING to make the Earth's core implode or something?!
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Simbaholikov » June 19th, 2012, 5:21 pm

[quote="Tora"]Edit: Really guys did you type that over a typo?[/quote]

Eeyup, problem officer? :)

[quote="FlipMode"]
Anyway, time for an actual reply
SH: I don't get your first point; The den is much more spam ridden than the MHQ is. And even so; what are you suggesting we do about all the spam threads?

I do like the look and idea of the chatroom on the bottom of the page like that, if it was only the main index page though! And it could help to make people actually post in the TLK sections again since there will be less to pointlessly post in the OT areas.

BUT OHHHHH NOOOOO HOW WILL I EVER SLEEP NOT KNOWING WHAT TIME YOU WOKE UP SH?! (Not implied swearing), or Kops: how will we ever be able to find out what the last thing she ate was?! Or what Arani's favourite colour is?! These are all important subjects that must be kept intact; are you TRYING to make the Earth's core implode or something?![/quote]

One thing at a time Flippeh. =P

And I'd suggest we lock the Chat Topics, because the chatroom already exists for that exact purpose, effectively making the Chat Topics obsolete.
Simbaholikov

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To