New Members

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

New Members

Postby wolfishgirl » October 10th, 2012, 1:39 am

Okay, so I've been on MLK for a little over a year now and am branching out into more and more areas. When i first joined I stayed on the RP sections and Fan Art and avoided pretty much everything else, but as time went on i branched out and made some friends for myself in this community. But i only started posting in the off topic area and the chat after i made myself comfortable with the Lion King part of this...
I guess what I'm trying to say is that new members should not be allowed on the Off Topic Area or Chat until they have participated and helped improve the Lion King threads.
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Re: New Members

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 1:48 am

I'm fairly certain this has been discussed more than once in the past. I guess the chatroom could use a time limit reapplied to it, especially since it's off the main page. Limiting new members from the OT areas seems a bit over the top. People would get angry, and we already have the Member HQ disabled to the public.
TheRoguePrince

Postby Tora » October 10th, 2012, 1:51 am

[quote="wolfishgirl"]Okay, so I've been on MLK for a little over a year now and am branching out into more and more areas. When i first joined I stayed on the RP sections and Fan Art and avoided pretty much everything else, but as time went on i branched out and made some friends for myself in this community. But i only started posting in the off topic area and the chat after i made myself comfortable with the Lion King part of this...
I guess what I'm trying to say is that new members should not be allowed on the Off Topic Area or Chat until they have participated and helped improve the Lion King threads.[/quote]I disagree. I think that would be counter productive. When you take into account that many of todays members are more active in the OT and Chat areas than in the Lion King Sections. This means that unless something is done to encourage members to discuss the Lion King it's not going to help. A new member wants to be involved in the community. Right now that community is not in the Lion King sections. Therefor I don't see it fit. I think the best thing for this community would be to either clear out the Lion King section and start over or implement a new way to get the Lion King sections going again.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby wolfishgirl » October 10th, 2012, 1:54 am

[quote="Tora"][quote="wolfishgirl"]Okay, so I've been on MLK for a little over a year now and am branching out into more and more areas. When i first joined I stayed on the RP sections and Fan Art and avoided pretty much everything else, but as time went on i branched out and made some friends for myself in this community. But i only started posting in the off topic area and the chat after i made myself comfortable with the Lion King part of this...
I guess what I'm trying to say is that new members should not be allowed on the Off Topic Area or Chat until they have participated and helped improve the Lion King threads.[/quote]I disagree. I think that would be counter productive. When you take into account that many of todays members are more active in the OT and Chat areas than in the Lion King Sections. This means that unless something is done to encourage members to discuss the Lion King it's not going to help. A new member wants to be involved in the community. Right now that community is not in the Lion King sections. Therefor I don't see it fit. I think the best thing for this community would be to either clear out the Lion King section and start over or implement a new way to get the Lion King sections going again.[/quote]

This site is named MY LION KING... how does taking out everything lion king related is supposed to make this better? I'm just saying that we should push the new members into being more active on the forums, and in the lion king part of this.
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby Tora » October 10th, 2012, 1:57 am

[quote="wolfishgirl"]how does taking out everything lion king related is supposed to make this better?[/quote]
I'm not meaning get rid of the sections if that's what you're thinking. I'm saying to clear them or wipe them clean. It allows for members to think of things in the Lion King Universe that may have been discussed about before without the worry of making a duplicate post. Also when a discussion is pretty much complete and most members come to agree on it there really is no more room for discussion. Therefore the idea dies.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby Regulus » October 10th, 2012, 2:58 am

[quote="Tora"][quote="wolfishgirl"]how does taking out everything lion king related is supposed to make this better?[/quote]
I'm not meaning get rid of the sections if that's what you're thinking. I'm saying to clear them or wipe them clean. It allows for members to think of things in the Lion King Universe that may have been discussed about before without the worry of making a duplicate post. Also when a discussion is pretty much complete and most members come to agree on it there really is no more room for discussion. Therefore the idea dies.[/quote]

[quote="MLK Rules"]Members are allowed (and encouraged) to create duplicate topics if the topic they are replicating has not been active in 30 days (posted in within 30 days). If the old topic gets bumped for any reason while the new topic is active (posted in within 30 days), the old topic will be locked.[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with making duplicate topics, for this reason.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tora » October 10th, 2012, 3:01 am

Regardless. I can see members complaining about duplicate topics already. Even with that rule in place.
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby Regulus » October 10th, 2012, 3:17 am

It hasn't happened yet, as far as I'm aware.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 10th, 2012, 3:20 am

I just thought of something. There are a lot of nonmembers who go to the Den.
If we cut off access to the Den for non-members, traffic for MLK might drop a lot.

On a side note, I'm against deleting any topics for any reason. Preservation, no? 8-)
TheRoguePrince

Postby Tora » October 10th, 2012, 3:21 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]
On a side note, I'm against deleting any topics for any reason. Preservation, no? 8-)[/quote]
Your probably right. I was just throwing out a suggestion. ;)
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To