Banning

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Banning

Postby FlipMode » July 24th, 2012, 10:15 am

At no point did I say anyone banned didn't deserve it. I said that there must be other ways to punish people other than banning them. No offence but it is getting boring as it is let alone banning everyone.
like if you notice a lot of people post in the den moaning that ¨mlk is soo dead today.¨ and I do not think banning active and nice members who just like to make jokes here and there is doing that any favours...

again, i owe nothing to these peopple and i'm not defending them or disagreeing with the decision to ban, it just concerns me that in a forum crying for activity that permanent bans are still being handed out.

Hence I ask if there are any other alternatives.

@LXL Yes Noah was one of those situations where common sense will tell you he should be banned, there doesnt need to be a rule saying that hacking is against the rules because its common sense...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Woeler » July 24th, 2012, 11:45 am

^There is a fine line between making jokes and harrasing somebody on purpose...
That line was definintely crossed.
Besides that, this action also included:
-multiple logins via proxy
-duplicate accounts
-spamming/trolling

All in One single action.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby KingKivuli » July 24th, 2012, 12:14 pm

ok time to throw my 2 pennies in on this

Ill start by saying this: I does not matter if you have been here 5 years or 5 minutes you break the rules you break the rules simple as. Depend on what you did, how you did it and your history on MLK will determine the action taken. No one has a free pass from the punishment the mods decide not even the mods themselves. Also to me it doesn't matter if whatever is posted is annoying/upsetting someone on not. If its rule breaking I deal with it, as do the rest of the staff

In terms of 'MLK is dead these days' your the members do something about it. The staff can only do so much. Why not try starting up a new roleplay, write fan fiction. Even if you have an idea but think your not so good at writing just write it anyway and you will get better. Heck I'll give them a read. There are lots of active members, just cause a friend of yours has been banned does not mean MLK is dead. Heck if you have an idea to try and improve MLK for crying out loud PM us or IM us. We don't bite and we do consider everything we hear

Finally in regards to the 'tell members who is banned' no way I'm against that. All that will do is make people rage and scream 'WHY DID YOU BAN THEM THEY WERE MY FRIEND' all at once. If your honestly friends then surely you have other means to contact them be it facebook twitter tumblr msn skype kik phone etc etc which they can then tell you why they were banned. If you still have a problem with it then talk to the mods directly. STOP POSTING AND CAUSING DRAMA OVER IT, all your doing is making things worse and going down the route of getting banned yourself. Also more often than not, members we ban do come back. They are only banned permanently if they have severely broke rules or they have had several previous warnings/bans close together
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby FlipMode » July 24th, 2012, 2:03 pm

Wow guys it's a sad day when the Kk of all people is talking the most sense. Everyone seems to think I am defending these people and saying they don't deserve it, feel free to quote exactly where I said that. All I was saying is perhaps there are other forms of punishments to just bans and warns.
I just made it a long to post to repeat myself in hopes people would see that point but most of
you STILL misinterpreted it.

[quote="Woeler1"]^There is a fine line between making jokes and harrasing somebody on purpose...
That line was definintely crossed.
Besides that, this action also included:
-multiple logins via proxy
-duplicate accounts
-spamming/trolling

All in One single action.[/quote]
[quote="FlipMode"]At no point did I say anyone banned didn't deserve it..[/quote]

I mean come on guys it's I'm the FIRST LINE of the post... They deserved their punishment but there may be other POSSIBLY better ways of punishing members than with bans so I asked for suggestions

Don't even bother given me suggestions any more though; not interested, just keep making pointless posts arguing against something I never even said cause that's much more fun to read.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Woeler » July 24th, 2012, 2:10 pm

^Well, actually, are there other ways to punish people on a forum? Right now, none come to mind...
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » July 24th, 2012, 2:17 pm

I don't know, that's why I made the post to see of anyone ha any ideas at all lol
FlipMode

Postby Tabby » July 24th, 2012, 2:22 pm

If they disabled accounts from a period of time, making them unable to post in the forums for a period of time determinated by the intensity of their actions, instad of just banning them, would it be better? =D

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Woeler » July 24th, 2012, 2:24 pm

[quote="SimbaCanHazDonut"]If they disabled accounts from a period of time, making them unable to post in the forums for a period of time determinated by the intensity of their actions, instad of just banning them, would it be better? =D[/quote]
What exactly is the difference between that and a temporary ban? Besides the fact that you can login...
Woeler

Postby Tabby » July 24th, 2012, 2:27 pm

I THINK SOMEONE DIDN'T GET THE JOKE.

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby FlipMode » July 24th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Loled hard
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To