Don't Rush Things

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Don't Rush Things

Postby DGFone » March 1st, 2012, 6:32 am

My little two cents on how to make MLK better.

Lately I have noticed that a lot of things have been changed/added to MLK in hopes of making it better and more Lion King oriented. As a side-effect, we saw members leaving, members getting banned temporarily and permanently... and more changes. It's almost as though we are trying to fix problems before we even properly identified them. In short, in an effort to try and fix itself, MLK has gone too ambitious.

So I suggest that we cool off and press on the brakes a little. While I would love to see MLK become better, I can't ignore the fact that every change that has been tried recently has seemed to do more harm then good.

So let's slow down, not change anything, and allow everyone to get used to MLK as it is right now. And then once all the drama has passed, and members more climatized, can we start thinking of trying to fix the problems. So hold on with the big changes and even the small ones. Let's redefine our 'normal'.

This is only my opinion, but I think you should all listen. We want MLK to be an inviting place, not an intimidating one.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: Don't Rush Things

Postby Noah » March 1st, 2012, 6:38 am

Uh. We haven't actually changed anything yet :P It's still in development.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Moka » March 1st, 2012, 6:45 am

Yeah.. >.> I mean besides the changes done in the beginning of February.. everything has remained unchanged.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby KingKivuli » March 2nd, 2012, 12:50 am

the main issue is with members leaving getting banned etc is a mix. some generally dont like the forum as it is right now, they have all said it in leaving topics, others hate the idea of change cause they are used to the way things are so they cause a fuss. the changes are going to happen though for the benefit of MLK in the long run as a good safe lion king forum
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby MalibuTrashDog » March 2nd, 2012, 12:53 am

Honestly a few of the members that left it seems like it was because they weren't getting enough attention, not because they didn't like the changes. That is their problem that no one pays attention to them. I think the forum is fine as it is right now, it's actually pretty calm imo. I remember moments where there's deff been more activity than there is now. I guess for now just enjoy the sleepy moments.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby KingKivuli » March 2nd, 2012, 12:56 am

i understand what your saying silly and i do agree the forum is calm but its not an active lion king forum as it was designed to be. we dont intend to just throw everything away just add some lion king magic back into the community
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby MalibuTrashDog » March 2nd, 2012, 1:00 am

Yeah that's a good idea. MLK actually might be the most active TLK-based forum right now, compared to TLK forums like Lilymud, Lea, TLKPF, etc; but it is active in other areas. I do agree that we should try to get the actual TLK threads busy again, it'll be tricky though considering a lot of people have moved on from the movie and most of the topics about the movie have been exhausted. I'm trying to think of what could be done to add a bit of freshness to TLK again. Hmmm -sits and ponders-
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Postby FlipMode » March 2nd, 2012, 1:10 am

[quote="SillydogTheGreat"]That is their problem that no one pays attention to them.[/quote]

How is it their problem? No one should be made to feel that they are unwanted on here.

@KK It seems to me that we have just exhausted most of the conversations that can be had from the TLK films. At least that is the conclusion I hit every time I think about it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby MalibuTrashDog » March 2nd, 2012, 1:16 am

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="SillydogTheGreat"]That is their problem that no one pays attention to them.[/quote]

How is it their problem? No one should be made to feel that they are unwanted on here.[/quote]

I didn't mean it like they should be ignored or made to be felt unwanted. Maybe they've just been trying to talk to the wrong people. Like if someone would have just messaged me I would have been all up in that making friends business, then they wouldn't feel attentionless.

Also pardon for if I say anything weird or something that doesn't make sense or w/e, I'm running on no sleep and no food and I'm about ready to pass out.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Postby Lauren » March 2nd, 2012, 1:33 am

[quote="SillydogTheGreat"]Yeah that's a good idea. MLK actually might be the most active TLK-based forum right now, compared to TLK forums like Lilymud, Lea, TLKPF, etc; but it is active in other areas. I do agree that we should try to get the actual TLK threads busy again, it'll be tricky though considering a lot of people have moved on from the movie and most of the topics about the movie have been exhausted. I'm trying to think of what could be done to add a bit of freshness to TLK again. Hmmm -sits and ponders-[/quote]
That's exactly what I kept thinking about. I remember how awesome it was two years ago when the TLK threads were way more active, had a lot of enthusiasm, and the main subject, since that's how MLK got its name. Anyways, let's just see how things go for now...
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Feedback & How-To