Personal Issues Forum

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Personal Issues Forum

Postby LionsAreKings » March 1st, 2012, 7:08 am

[quote="Noah"]^I think that that section, as well as the entire Lounge, should be hidden. I mean, right now random people can just go look at all the threads. And even the Member Photo Album :wow2:[/quote]

THEY WHAT? :gasp:
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby DGFone » March 1st, 2012, 9:01 am

I realized that I somehow did not manage to post why I am against this idea, but here are my thoughts about it:

A lot of the drama going on right now comes from people saying "I feel bad" is one place or another in various forms. And what I see it that this topic will try to do is contain all that drama into on place which will hopefully also allow others to help.

What I am afraid will happen is A) Trolls will have a prime area to look for prey at, B) The drama will only increase once people will start explaining why they feel bad, and C) The drama will not be contained and spill over back into the rest of MLK, only this time it will be worse because of point B.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I am afraid that it will not happen. :oops:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » March 1st, 2012, 9:31 am

You are really misunderstanding this.

Okay let me give some examples, last year or so ago I made a thread explaining that I would be away for a few weeks while my mum was in hospital with cancer, not thinking anyone cared and that it wouldnt be worth checking, when I came back lots of people, some who I didn't even know had posted showing their support. This new area would be a good place for people who feel that no one cares about how they feel to open up and realise that actually people do, we jus don't have any where to post it at the moment.

It's not a place to [censored] about other people, it's a place to get help and advice or even just well wishes on personal problems, whether they are something online or IRL
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby WildSimba » March 1st, 2012, 9:56 am

[quote="DGFone"]I realized that I somehow did not manage to post why I am against this idea, but here are my thoughts about it:

A lot of the drama going on right now comes from people saying "I feel bad" is one place or another in various forms. And what I see it that this topic will try to do is contain all that drama into on place which will hopefully also allow others to help.

What I am afraid will happen is A) Trolls will have a prime area to look for prey at, B) The drama will only increase once people will start explaining why they feel bad, and C) The drama will not be contained and spill over back into the rest of MLK, only this time it will be worse because of point B.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I am afraid that it will not happen. :oops:[/quote]

The mods would just do their job, and clean up the forum accordingly. If people don't try and start drama, or keep things out that they think will cause drama, then it won't happen. It's not like we'd be allowing controversial topics. Any topic in this forum would still have to abide by the forum rules. And drama happens on here, but the mods almost always act against it accordingly. Unless we don't see it, but you also gotta figure that member's are supposed to be reporting things. That doesn't happen often. But if we all did our part, the forum would run more smooth in general.

So we can definitely give this a try I say, and if drama does start to arise (which I'm pretty positive it's not going to), then the mods can deal with it accordingly.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Panda-chan » March 1st, 2012, 11:50 am

MLK Therapy Section? lol
I think this is a good idea, although I do see the potential for an overflow of drama, as DGFone mentioned. For example, if a member posts a topic that gets little to no replies, they might feel like no one cares. On the other hand, this will probably make the community alot closer and more friendly. But yeah, I think it's at least worth a shot. I for one would love to avoid the whine topics whenever I can, and this will hopefully contain them where others don't have to see them. :P
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby AdAstrα » March 1st, 2012, 12:19 pm

I think this is a great idea :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Awali » March 1st, 2012, 12:48 pm

DGF has a good point, and the mods would have to be on their game, which they normally are. I still think this would work out quite well.

We press play, don't press pause.
Progress, march on.
With the veil over our eyes,
we turn our back on the cause.
'Till the day that my uncles can be united by law,
when kids are walking 'round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart.
A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are.
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all,
but it's a good place to start.
Awali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Awali, Rj.

Postby KopsTheTerminator » March 1st, 2012, 1:13 pm

[quote="Regulus"]What about this?

It seemed funny to me. :P[/quote]

LOL'd

Meh, I doubt this will cause that much drama. You can always just forbid posting about forum drama (or at least forbid the OP from giving out names), and I doubt the trolls would be much of a problem if the board is checked by mods regularly.

Also, I agree with making the board invisible to guests. Private info should remain within the board.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cleargreenwater » March 1st, 2012, 2:03 pm

[quote="KopsTheTerminator"]You can always just forbid posting about forum drama (or at least forbid the OP from giving out names), and I doubt the trolls would be much of a problem if the board is checked by mods regularly.[/quote]

On the Lilymud one at least, it was ABSOLUTELY forbidden to use the forum to address forum related issues between members. Utterly forbidden, instant thread lock & delete, if this helps clarify the concept to anyone.

As for it generating hang-ups if no-one replies--I think it's a cost/benefit thing. On the one hand, such a fate might befall the occassional poster (quite a few of us probably won't be frequenting the section,) but on the other it gives the opportunity for people with similar concerns to troubleshoot and, in effect, grow up with each other as they work on Real Life together. And thats a wonderful bond for a forum to support.

FWIW, this is the only forum I've ever been on that does NOT have such a section, and not only out of Lion King ones either. And curiously this is the only forum where people angst so regularly about not being heard/lost in a crowd. There IS a correlation.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Vector » March 1st, 2012, 2:04 pm

This might be a good idea.
Vector
IT'S-AAAAA

WARIO TIME

Nickname(s): Vec, Theo, Darth Vector
Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To