Personal Issues Forum

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Personal Issues Forum

Postby Noah » March 1st, 2012, 1:38 am

OMG OMG Yes.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » March 1st, 2012, 1:41 am

[quote="WildSimba"]Because one of the reasons their upset can very likely be because of another member on the forum. But it seems like it's a good idea to me, as long as people keep their personal issues off of the forum.[/quote]

If it's between two members, they can solve their differences in private. Posting trouble where everyone can see it will only increase the drama while also providing fresh troll bait.

Idealistically, such a section will contain all the drama and make things quieter. But to be more realistic, it will only increase the drama, spill it out to the rest of MLK even more than it is now, and will in general just make things worse all around.

To sound heartless, the easiest solution is that if you feel bad, don't post about it. Or at least, not as much.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby cleargreenwater » March 1st, 2012, 1:52 am

[quote="FlipMode"]
There are other TLK forums than MLK?!
Image[/quote]

There used to be, at least, its in a lingering and inexorable death currently :lol:

The idea was to give a dedicated place for Emotional-type things to be, so that those inclined can help in them and those not can avoid them but all could post and be heard, and was constantly and heavily moderated.

Just suggesting because I didn't realize until Flip posted that MLK *doesn't* have such a thing.

OTHER OPTION--

Lea Halalela (yet ANOTHER TLK forum! *mind blown*) has a thread called "The Community Advice Thread". Its the same sort of thing, but much less drastic a change: Just a simple dedicated thread where people can post to to get and give advice.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby FlipMode » March 1st, 2012, 2:05 am

[quote="WildSimba"]Because one of the reasons their upset can very likely be because of another member on the forum. But it seems like it's a good idea to me, as long as people keep their personal issues off of the forum.[/quote]

No naming and shaming, problem solved.

[quote="cleargreenwater"]
Lea Halalela (yet ANOTHER TLK forum! *mind blown*) has a thread called "The Community Advice Thread". Its the same sort of thing, but much less drastic a change: Just a simple dedicated thread where people can post to to get and give advice.[/quote]
I was thinking that at first, but since MLK is quite active, its more likely to be seen in a dedicated section than a single thread, least I would imagine so. =)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Regulus » March 1st, 2012, 2:50 am

[quote="DGFone"]Idealistically, such a section will contain all the drama and make things quieter. But to be more realistic, it will only increase the drama, spill it out to the rest of MLK even more than it is now, and will in general just make things worse all around.[/quote]

I'm not sure what would happen. I'd say it's worth a try. It can't possibly go wrong any more than the religious arguments.

[quote="WildSimba"]But it seems like it's a good idea to me, as long as people keep their personal issues off of the forum.[/quote]

A personal issues forum without personal issues? What?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby WildSimba » March 1st, 2012, 3:06 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="DGFone"]Idealistically, such a section will contain all the drama and make things quieter. But to be more realistic, it will only increase the drama, spill it out to the rest of MLK even more than it is now, and will in general just make things worse all around.[/quote]

I'm not sure what would happen. I'd say it's worth a try. It can't possibly go wrong any more than the religious arguments.

[quote="WildSimba"]But it seems like it's a good idea to me, as long as people keep their personal issues off of the forum.[/quote]

A personal issues forum without personal issues? What?[/quote]

If you read the rest of the post, you'd see what I was connecting that to.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Buffy » March 1st, 2012, 3:23 am

I personally think this is a wonderful idea. I know from experience that it's sometimes easier to confide in someone you know online instead of someone in your real life world.

And it seems several members may need some guidance or just good wishes. So I think this would be a brilliant addition to the forum :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Noah » March 1st, 2012, 6:44 am

Let me just say that this is one of the best ideas I have ever seen for MLK. Who made this?

*looks at name of the author*

:supergrin:
Siggy by Me

Noah

Only the lonely can play

Postby Moka » March 1st, 2012, 6:51 am

[quote="cleargreenwater"]It's a Private section only visible to logged-in members of the forum so that people can post about things going on in their Real Lives for advice & feedback and not worry about it being found by any other than registered users of the forum.[/quote]

Just wondering if you all thought that hiding it from guests is a good idea, too? I'm fine with that.

[quote="DGFone"]Idealistically, such a section will contain all the drama and make things quieter. But to be more realistic, it will only increase the drama, spill it out to the rest of MLK even more than it is now, and will in general just make things worse all around.[/quote]

I don't think a forum solely for getting help and counseling from other members would cause drama.. :?
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Noah » March 1st, 2012, 7:04 am

^I think that that section, as well as the entire Lounge, should be hidden. I mean, right now random people can just go look at all the threads. And even the Member Photo Album :wow2:
Siggy by Me

Noah

Only the lonely can play

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To