Art Commissions

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Art Commissions

Postby FlipMode » August 13th, 2013, 11:34 pm

Greetings. Now shaddup and read the post below.

I would like to have an OC character I have designed drawn by one of the talented artists on here. Which would be used as a point of reference for what the character looks like since I want to use him in some upcoming fictions and maybe RPs.

So it would be a commission I guess? I don't really know, never done one before so don't really know how they "work".

But that's another matter, my main point is this suggestion - should we have a sub forum within the fan art forum for commissions?
This would mean each artist could make a thread there and then people could post requests in their threads much like how the graphics forum requests work. Then in the OP a list of who has paid, which commissions are not yet done etc. who they are awaiting payment from, y'know the kind of thing?
This would make it (a bit) easier to spot the people who don't pay for them and such wouldn't it?
And it would stop people posting requests in the wrong sections, or asking for requests in trading only threads and stuff...

Or have I got this all wrong and am over complicating it? (I suspect that's the case)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Art Commissions

Postby Carl » August 14th, 2013, 12:34 am

I think it's a great idea. Then it would be easier for people to find someone to commission and it would be easier for people who are offering commissions to get customers. I know I have a difficult time getting commissioned and I don't THINK my art is bad enough to be the cause. I could be wrong though. x3

Anyway, I think it would be helpful to have such a sub-forum because it should make things easier on everyone who wants something to do with a commission, buying or selling.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby AdAstrα » August 14th, 2013, 12:53 am

I like this idea too :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Regulus » August 14th, 2013, 12:59 am

Seconded.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby MalibuTrashDog » August 16th, 2013, 12:39 am

FLIPMODE ME. I ART. PICK ME.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Tsuki » August 16th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Brilliant idea! :highfive:
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Loomi » August 17th, 2013, 6:44 pm

I support :- )
Image Image Image
Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
As king, you need to understand that balance, and respect
all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
characters belong to me <3
Loomi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Tends to fall over

Pride Points: 5

Return to Feedback & How-To