Lurkers.

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Lurkers.

Postby morri908 » April 14th, 2009, 9:52 am

Okay, so they did this on TLKPF a long time ago. Deleting the Lurkers. I mean, like.. people that and njoined, left, ever logged back in. It's okay if they are like. Artists or something and just post their art here but don't post in the forums alot.. but it's kinda annoying to look through the members list and see all the 0's. It's like useless, and a waste of perfectly good space that could be taken up by pages of posting members
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Re: Lurkers.

Postby Moka » April 14th, 2009, 7:21 pm

Yeah, I sent out an email a while ago to them saying get back here and post or your account will be deleted :P
I'm working on it, morri! I know its annoying to see all those pointless members.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby serra20 » April 14th, 2009, 7:24 pm

Actually,I had this idea looooong time ago.It's just soo annoying to have a big number of members that do absolutely nothing on the site.
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Nickname(s): Serra
Pride Points: 3

Postby KingKivuli » April 14th, 2009, 7:34 pm

keep the best delete the rest lol
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby YFWE » April 14th, 2009, 8:22 pm

It's great to delete old, inactive members from time to time... ESPECIALLY because (though this is not always the case) it just might speed up the forum in the process. It's happened for me a few times; MAYBE it'll happen here too. xD
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Moka » April 14th, 2009, 9:14 pm

Yeah I guess it might speed it up a little bit.
But I dunno guys, a lot of members have accounts but they are only interested in the content outside of the forums. Maybe they're just not interested in talking about TLK, they only want to read about it and look at pictures and stuff. Maybe I should just leave them alone >.>
Moka

Postby Zeke » April 14th, 2009, 10:17 pm

Well you could check their last log in date
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby YFWE » April 14th, 2009, 10:26 pm

^What he said. I wasn't implying that you delete EVERYONE that hasn't signed in since a given date; rather, I would delete those who signed in perhaps the one time, made an account, and were never seen again. I'd imagine there are plenty of those (there usually are).
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Moka » April 15th, 2009, 3:16 am

I don't think it logs the last login date of members. >.>
Moka

Postby Zeke » April 15th, 2009, 3:16 am

But its on their profile. Nice work with the anti-bot thing btw
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To