Does anyone read the Percy Jackson series?

Does anyone read the Percy Jackson series?

Postby Robyn » March 26th, 2010, 7:32 am

So I heard that this series is very popular, and I decided to pick it up. Next thing you know, I can't stop reading it! I think I just like reading funny fiction stories about the Greek gods and goddesses. I've only got the first book. Anyone else?
Robyn

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Does anyone read the Percy Jackson series?

Postby Buffy » March 29th, 2010, 7:47 pm

I haven't read it or even seen the movie, but it does look interesting! Ohh! And by the way, greek mythology is AWESOME! :D
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Ushujaa » March 29th, 2010, 10:21 pm

I've Heard about a couple of them and aren't they coming out with a movie The lightning thief or something... i thought that was his
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby Simbaholikov » March 29th, 2010, 10:44 pm

I read the book 'The Lightning Thief' a little while back, it was a very good read with a very interesting story.
I would recommend it :)
Unfortunatly I haven't been able to read the others in the series though
Simbaholikov

Postby Panda-chan » March 29th, 2010, 10:51 pm

I love these books soooooooooo much! :D I've read all five books and they were awesome! ^^
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby PrincessKiara » April 5th, 2010, 5:18 pm

I have heard of them (because of the movie coming out) I have not read the books or seen the movie yet, though. I’ll most likey check it out, it looks cool and interesting.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Ushujaa » April 5th, 2010, 5:20 pm

i just saw the movie and it was pretty good,

I'm going to pick up the series their really well written for first person, and their not meant just for kids as some disney books are...
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto

Postby Buffy » February 20th, 2013, 6:13 am

Lol. That post I made in 2010... XD

Anyway, I still haven't read the books and I still haven't seen the movie (I'm awful, I know...). HOWEVER, my best friend was kind enough to buy me the first book in the series today, so I will be reading it soon enough. It's definitely on my "to read" list. I'm super excited! I've heard great things about this series.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Postby HasiraKali » February 21st, 2013, 1:34 am

They're really really good. I read the entire series in two days the summer they came out. Very good books. And the author is from here, so a few of my books are autographed.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda

Postby Buffy » February 21st, 2013, 1:58 am

Oh lucky you!!!
Yeah, I read on Wikipedia that he has a 2nd series also involving Greek mythology out too. If I enjoy Percy Jackson I'll definitely read the Heroes of Olympus. See, ever since I became a Xena fan I've been fascinated by Greek mythology, so this is totally up my alley. I also really like fantasy books. ^.^

After I finish the library books I have out I'll probably start reading it. :D
Buffy
once i present, but then

Next

Return to The Den