What book(s) are you reading?

Re: What book(s) are you reading?

Postby Lauren » August 1st, 2014, 2:00 am

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Buffy » August 2nd, 2014, 3:55 am

The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby FlipMode » August 2nd, 2014, 12:39 pm

[quote="Lauren"]A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini[/quote]

Great book. Check out his newest book And The Mountains Echoed if you enjoy that one. Most people have already read Kite Runner but there's that too.

I finally finished Infinite. Honestly, it felt a tiny bit anti climactic in the end but a decent conclusion to the trilogy I would say. And any book that has centaurs, phoenixes, sylph and dragons and an immortal entity returning to destroy the World al in the same chapter is okay in my books (puns).

Anyways I think that is enough fiction for the time being, so my next read will be The Man Who Couldn't Stop by David Adam which is a true story / account of what OCD is really like for those interested. It's not all just washing your hands over and over again.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Tsuki » August 2nd, 2014, 1:19 pm

Felidae-Akif Pirincci
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Si-Amber » August 17th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby mamaprince » August 18th, 2014, 1:03 am

Chasing the Storm - Very interesting book.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Buffy » August 31st, 2014, 9:28 pm

The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket. I don't know what I'm gonna do once this series is over.
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Lauren » September 10th, 2014, 3:08 pm

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
Lauren

Postby Carl » September 10th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling

Still don't understand how the American version needed to have a name change...
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » September 11th, 2014, 12:25 am

Stumbling On Happiness by Daniel Gilbert
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to The Den