The Nintendo Switch first look.

The Nintendo Switch first look.

Postby Elton John » October 20th, 2016, 3:15 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

I'm sold on the concept but it needs at least 5 games I really want to play and a good price before I buy one.

Wii U/3DS b/c will help.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: The Nintendo Switch first look.

Postby Marizzle » October 21st, 2016, 7:32 pm

I absolutely adore the concept of this console. I was not expecting Nintendo to create...this. I was definitely surprised, in a positive way.

Just like you, I need a few "wish-to-play-games" and a nice price before I get one, but, even so, I might go for it eventually. I won't purchase it upon release, as it's usually pretty expensive, but, depending on how much the price lowers, I might buy one.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby FlipMode » October 28th, 2016, 3:01 pm

I will get one just because it's new tech and I'm a sucker for new tech. I mean I spent like £800 on a HTC Vive so spending a few hundred on a new Ninty console is fine.

And honestly I really like the idea. I think this could be awesome, as someone who travels semi frequently, being able to take my console with me pretty much anywhere I go is a pretty exciting concept.
My main concern really is the battery life and potential lack of 3rd party support.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » December 17th, 2016, 4:19 pm

I have decided to start saving up for the system starting today. I know the system will be underpowered compared to modern pc's, the ps4 pro and the xbox one scorpio. I dont care about bleeding edge tech, I care about fun and nintendo these past few years has provided that outside of a few mis-steps (star fox zero, metroid federation force).

I will likely sell my wii u if the switch is b/c with digital wii u purchases. I only plan on keeping one physical wii u game mostly for sentimental reasons.

This is assuming nintendo doesn't do something stupid like charge 400 usd for the system. 200-250 sounds great. 300 is ok....more than that likely means I will wait for a price drop on the system.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby moonsugar33 » December 18th, 2016, 12:38 pm

I was a little worried about the life of the 3DS after the Switch came out, but now I'm reasonably confident the two can happily coexist.

As for the Switch itself- wow! It's a thing! I've always been a fan of being able to game at home and then keep going when I go out- which is why I enjoy a handful of mobile games, my PSP/3DS and my laptop, which has served me faithfully since 2009. Even if it can't play the newest games any more, there's still a lot I can do with it. I love that I can just shove it in my backpack and then get out my controller and game on long bus rides, if I so wish.

The Switch seems like it'll fill that role for sure. I'm also really excited for Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, and just having a modern console in general. (Never owned my own Wii/Playstation/Xbox.)
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Elton John » January 13th, 2017, 4:26 pm

My hype is rather deflated. The new mario isn't out until late this year. They are charging for online functionality that sounds a lot more sparse than xbox live or psn, and it's hard to justify paying for those two. Zelda is also out on the wii u the same day as the switch version.

On the plus side, it seems that the switch might be getting a mainline shin megami tensei title. That hasn't happened since smt3 on the ps2. Atlus has developed very little in-home console games since the ps2 era. Catherine on the ps3/360, a few trauma team games, and persona 5. For such a small company i can imagine modern game development being very difficult on them.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2017, 4:36 pm

It has quickly become one of the most "Okay" looking systems I've seen.
There's nothing offensively bad about it but I haven't really seen anything very exciting either.
I think the price is slightly too high and the battery life slightly too low as well and those were the two biggest factors.
I don't think I'll be picking it up day one I'm afraid but I'll certainly see about getting one a little later down the line. Will have to see how this goes.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Marizzle » January 13th, 2017, 4:59 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]It has quickly become one of the most "Okay" looking systems I've seen.
There's nothing offensively bad about it but I haven't really seen anything very exciting either.
I think the price is slightly too high and the battery life slightly too low as well and those were the two biggest factors.
I don't think I'll be picking it up day one I'm afraid but I'll certainly see about getting one a little later down the line. Will have to see how this goes.[/quote]
You've pretty much summoned up by current thoughts about this system. Initially, I was very hyped for it, but, right now, I am a bit disappointed.

Just like you, I think the price is slightly too high for such a system. The battery life could be better and I was expecting a bigger storage size, as 32 GB is pretty much the storage a cellphone has nowadays. I also don't know what to feel regarding the resolution, given the competition.

About the announced games...I'm pretty neutral regarding these, but this is a matter of personal preferences, of course.

I might buy it someday, but, at the moment, I rather wait for the reviews. :)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Elton John » January 13th, 2017, 5:02 pm

The upcoming games look nice, problem is that most of them are so far away and launch window stuff looks small when you take away stuff you can play on the wii u.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Ultra Fox » January 16th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Got mine pre-ordered with Zelda! :)
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Next

Return to The Den